Author Topic: My update... finally gyne free !!  (Read 2338 times)

Offline The Herbalist

• Posting Member
It's been a while since I last posted an update, so here it is...
   I went in for my operation on the 18 Aug at Addenbrookes hospital in Cambridge. I arrived at the surgical admission unit at 11 am and went through all the checking in procedures ( photos, talk with surgeon etc). Then finally after a lot of waiting around I was taken to the ward at around 5pm. The ward was very clean and there were four other guys in there with me for various operations (no other gyne sufferers).
     In the evening my surgeon (Mr Irwin) and his team came around for a final check and to let me know I was first up for surgery the next day.
   At around 6 am the next morning the nurses came round  to get me up and then I had a visit from the anethatist (sp) . A little while later I was wheeled in to the anethatists bay where I had a thing put in the back of my hand and was shot up with something to put me out for the op. I was then wheeled down to the theatre where I was asked a bunch of questions and that's all I can remember, the next thing I knew I was waking up back on the ward with my chest all bandaged up, one of those tubigrip things around my chest  and a drain thing coming out from one side into a bag.
   The next day Mr Irwin came around and had a feel of my chest and said that I would have to stay in another night as there was still a bit of blood draining into the bag thingy. The next morning the nurses came and removed the drain and gave me some antibiotics & pain killers for when I got home, and I was finally discharged at around midday.
   I went back to the hospital a week later to have my dressing removed and this was when I got my first look at the new improved gyne free me, and I must admit it's a vast improvement !!  although I was told that I would have to wear the tubigrip thing for another 6 weeks  :(.
    So... as it stands now, my chest is still a bit numb in places (though I don't know weather that's due to the tightness of the tubegrip or not) and still a bit hard under the skin but I've been told it will soften up over time. So all in all, things are looking great so far and I would highly recommend (sp) Mr Irwin and his team to any fellow gyne sufferers  ;D.

The Herbalist !!

Offline irish_dude

• Silver Member
  • Op performed with Mr.Levick, 19/8/2005
Well done mate.

The feeling won't return for quite a while. I'm 4 weeks post of and the nips are still numb, so don't panic!

The hardness will go too, use a little gentle massage to help it on it's way.

Offline Yorkshireman

• Silver Member
Congrats mate.....nice to hear of some new surgeons...

The healign process is slow (but painless!)...Im 6 motnhs down the line and am still changing slowly but surely...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024