Author Topic: 1st Timer W/ Questions  (Read 3412 times)

Offline realtor1

I'm 32 yrs old and made the mistake of using steroids for one cycle.  I do believe that I've developed "gyno", are there any therapies that can reverse the effect?  I'm 6'2" and weigh 218. I run and work out daily so i don't believe being fat is the problem here.  Any suggestions?

Offline Daveo

• Silver Member
  • Surgery with Dr. Bermant January 28, 2005
Post some pictures.  Surgery is most likely your only option, but luckily there are people who know what they're doing to take care of you.

Offline rcbrown23

I don't know a whole lot on the subject, but if it just appeared while, or direclty after, you were on steroids and it was just one cycle, it may go away on it's own as long as the steroids have been stopped.

Don't use anything that could have an effect on you hormones for awhile and see what happens.

Feel free to correct/evaluate on this, anyone.

-Brown

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Post some pictures.

Ditto...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
realtor - isn't steroid use against NAR's code of ethics and standards of practice?

You used only one cycle of steriods and developed gyne? One cycle? Personally I'd hardly call that abuse but who knows how your body will react.  32 years old and just developing it? Most get it in puberty or older age.  At your age I guess you can blame it on the sauce. Don't know if anything can reverse it. I tend to agree with brown, just stop and see what happens.  Another side of me thinks that once you actually get it, you got it.  That's too bad, only one cycle at age 32 and you get gyne.  ???

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Lots of good info above,

Gynecomastia is common:

In newborn
   At onset of puberty
   In later years

But it can come at any time. It should always be cause for concern, but not for worry.  The concern should be enough to ask your Doctor and you absolutely must be fully honest with the Doctor.

Please forgive my ignorance, but just what constitutes a cycle?

Are you using any other medications? Even Herbals?

I have seen so many posts from people who developed Gyne while using Anti-Balding remedies that I've lost count long ago.

The list of drugs capable of producing gynecomastia is very long.  The drugs can gang up on you and produce breast growth in combination even if they had no visible effect separately.
Grandpa Dan

Offline realtor1

I appreciate the info.,  In regards to jc71 stating NAR's stand against steroid abuse, I was wrong in using, thats why I'm here to find a possible solution, not to be judged.  I'm man enough to admit having made a mistake, now I need some answers. To everyone else that offered advice,  Thank You!!

Offline Spleen

I think jc71 was just busting yer chops.  

From what I understand, given that your cycle of 'roids ended some time ago and the gyne has not resolved itself, surgery might be your only option.  At your age, once those glands grow that tissue it pretty much there to stay.

Offline jc71

realtor - I'm joking. 99.9% of what I type should not be taken seriously. I apologize if I made you feel bad, applaud you for seeking help and congratulate you for finding this site.

I'm leaning with Spleen, once it's there it's probably there to stay.

Offline realtor1

It would be one thing if this condition was not self imposed,  I suppse my guilt is what  makes me touchy.  As far as surgery,  is one to be completely forthcoming with his Dr.  or  just have him evaluate and come to his own conclusion?  I  am trying an aramatase inhibitor called Estrogenex,  any suggestions with or experience with this product?

Offline Spleen

Why not be honest with the Dr?  He or she aren't going to rat you out or lock you up.  Honest disclosure means they have the right info to evaluate you.

Offline jc71

realtor - i'd encourage you to be very honest with the dr and especially honest with the anesthesiologist. You have nothing to gain by not disclosing everything and quite literally, everything to loose.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2005, 05:32:55 PM by jc71 »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024