Author Topic: How long did you guys wait before lifting?  (Read 4290 times)

Offline B5S4 Conversion

• Posting Member
I had my surgery recently and the soreness is near gone, however I'm still a bit swollen.  Curious how long some of you had to wait before you got back to lifting weights...specifically pec-related exercises?

Offline flex1appeal

3 weeks but everyone is different. Listen to your body. There is no exact number of days unfortunately. Start light and see how that goes. But I would say if it's been 3 weeks you should be fine with lighter work outs. I was going heavier again by week 6

Offline mmaman

• Silver Member
I lifted a little less than two weeks after surgery per doctors clearance. It's different for different people. I didn't bench or squat but I did start with arms and calves. I wouldn't run for at least 3 weeks or more though.

Offline Gone

• Bronze Member
I was going on with the full steam after 6 weeks. I started doing push-ups on the 4th week.

Offline reaper33

• Silver Member
2 months if you want to be on the safe side. if u want to be ur full potential when you hit the gym.

Offline B5S4 Conversion

• Posting Member
2 months if you want to be on the safe side. if u want to be ur full potential when you hit the gym.

Get out!  Two months?  That sounds like bigtime overkill.  I don't understand how after 4-5 weeks that one can't be hitting it hard like they were pre-op...  Am I alone in this thinking?

Offline hungry.tides

• Silver Member
  • make the most of what you have got
Running still feels a little "jiggly" but it's getting better day by day.
  I dont know if i have same feeling, i m 6 days post op and when i walk down stairs or sit on an autorikshaw ( a 3 seater in india) bumps in a pothole ....i feel a little pain, it not a huge pain or anything, just a little tickling...you people also felt same?

ciao
Surgery Date: 25th June 2007
Lipo + Excision (<100% removal around nipple)
Plastic Surgeon: Dr. Ananteshwar, Manipal, Bangalore
pre & post pics link:
http://s191.photobucket.com/albums/z236/hungrytides/
Know more @ :
http://www.plasticsurgery4u.com/procedure_folder/male_breast/index.html

Offline willy27

• Bronze Member
Yeah the nipples have a very sensetive sensation. (im at 5 weeks)

Offline KCbro

• Posting Member
My PS said I could start lifting after 3 weeks and gradually increase weights over another 2-3 weeks.

I am a national level competitor so getting back at it is very important.. I am feeling very good and the bruising is about 60% gone. My surgery was on the 21st of June in Kansas City. Total cost was about $3500 for removing the gland and a bit of lipo.. So far I am very pleased.

KCBRO

Offline hungry.tides

• Silver Member
  • make the most of what you have got
KCbro did u have any swelling, I'm 1 week post op, and my left side is a bit swollen than the right, it was not the case some days before.

Ciao

Offline KCbro

• Posting Member
KCbro did u have any swelling, I'm 1 week post op, and my left side is a bit swollen than the right, it was not the case some days before.

Ciao

As a matter of fact my left side also swelled more than the right.. I would say both sides still have a little swelling with the left being about 15% more swollen than the right.

I continue to ice my chest  a couple times per day and I am taking 800mg of Advil 3 X per day..

Even though there is some swelling I could totally go shirtless even today and feel great if it were not for the bruising!! My puffy nips are no more!!!!!

KCB

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024