Author Topic: Just an update from one with Gyne... words of encouragement and advice.  (Read 3344 times)

Offline hidden_from_society

• Posting Member
Hi all!

I've already posted my sob story, the whole 9. Won't do that here. When I first found this site, I was wearing the whole big baggy sweatshirts, hands in pockets of said shirt, pulling it out. From here, I've found Underworks compression shirts.

Before I found them, I was pretty scared to go in public, and it had been years since I actually went in public wearing a t-shirt. Since I've received my Underworks shirts (997) I have been able to

1) Find a stable job, one that will essentially fast track me to popularity in my new town, as it's a job where all the "cool" and "stylish" people hang out
2) Started saving money
3) Felt good about myself
4) Actually realized my problem with Gynecomastia

The problem isn't the Gynecomastia for me; the Underworks shirts flatten my chest to the normal muscle, and my chest just looks.. very muscular when wearing t-shirts. I'm not saying I work out a lot, or that I'm in some god like shape, because I'm not. My problem was my general weight. The Gyne? That can be fixed. Weight? It can to.

I've started cutting back on things I like, such as Soda's, and eating out. When my soda stash runs out in my house, I plan on going cold turkey.

These are my words of encouragement and advice, and if you follow these, you should be able to do nearly everything you wish you would be able to do.

1) Buy a 3 pack of Underwork Compression Garments. Style 997 or nothing. These have the maximum compression I find, and are the absolute best.
2) Wear said shirts.
3) Feel good about yourself. Be proud of who you are. The moment you're proud of who you are is the exact moment you can make the necessary changes.
4) Get a job. I know a lot of teen gynecomastia sufferers are worried about coming right out and getting a job, as most places have dress codes etc and well, wearing a McDonalds uniform with "moobs" isn't exactly sexy. With help from trusty Underwork shirts, you will be able to feel comfortable enough to hold a job.
5) Take $100.00 from EVERY pay check and put it away. DON'T TOUCH IT! This is your goal:

Save up $2,500.00 - $4,500.00 and fix your problem. Eliminate the Gyne, and you will have solved one of the most severe psychological problems a man can face. You need to ask yourself one thing: Is a $100.00 investment too much, when the rewards are so great? I would (honestly) pay $500.00 for an Underwork shirt. I really feel pissed that I didn't find these sooner. My pride ruined my entire teenage life, don't let it happen to you.

Offline unknownman

• Silver Member
  • My war against gyne ends 10/8/07

• Posting Member
Yes, as soon as I save up enough money, I will be getting the required surgery. For people wondering how they can afford it, think of it this way:

A part time job should bring in.. $5,000-10,000 or so per year. You've lived with Gynecomastia for many years already, so what's another 4-12 month wait?  Nothing at all. With the aid of Underworks, you'll be able to get a job you feel comfortable with, and be able to bandage your problem until you can eliminate the problem.

Offline enthusiastic

• Posting Member
Glad to hear you are planning to get surgery.

I've been saving for years and finally have my finances in order and I'm going to go on Oct 2nd to get surgery.

You're right. 

When I found this site I too was wearing baggy shirts and almost always a vest of some sort, even into the summertime.  Odd I know but I was so worried.   

Anyhow,  After finding compression garments I have stopped wearing vests and I am so much happier.  Now I'm scheduled for surgery and I'm worried but excited at the same time!   

I'm sending the checks today.

Offline LMC1307

• Bronze Member
Went under the knife on 7/27/07 - Revision 5/22/08 - Great results this far.
Surgery performed by Dr. Placik M.D. F.A.C.S. in Chicago, IL

• Posting Member
Then you should have gone to another PS, because I've been quoted by 3 different PS' from $1,500.00 - $4,000 (with one exception)

Paying 7k is ridiculous, and you could have saved much more.

Offline KCbro

• Posting Member

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024