Author Topic: Any Bodybuilders with (Non-Steroid) related gyne on here?  (Read 8253 times)

Offline fed-up

• Silver Member
Just wondering if there were any bodybuilders on here, in which i could see if it affects them as much as it does me......... many thanks
Surgery performed by Alex Karidis - 11/09/08

Offline latediagnosis

• Silver Member
i workout regularly and i'm pretty gym obsessed, but i am not a professional bodybuilder, just someone trying to look good.

and yes it does affect me a lot, i don't go to the beach and no one knows why.. cause im not fat and i look like im in pretty decent shape when ive got a t-shirt on.

Offline matthew1

• Gold Member
 I am in the  same boat,  lifting to  get fit and look good, gyne holding me  way back

Offline Alfa

• Posting Member
I would not exactly consider myself a bodybuilder but i'm pretty serious about exercise, since a couple of years ago when I decided to go from overweight to fit.

I'd say it's affecting me a whole lot. Simply put, as long as I have it I can't feel attractive or good looking, no matter which shape i'm in. It doesent matter much if other people say I look good because a lot of it is in my own eyes...

Regarding going to the beach with your shirt off, I have found a good sollution for that. If you notice someone looking at you, just look them back straight in the eye and give a friendly smile. Whatever their reason for looking(maybe that person thinks you're hot?) most people will just blush and look away. On the beach, almost everyone is very self-concious about the way they look, so by acting with confidence you will also get the least attention.

Offline fed-up

• Silver Member
Thanks for replying.... and none of us are *Proffesional Bodybuilders* - cos theyre all on steriods. Im glad to see that im not alone!

Offline RyanMace

• Gold Member

Offline matthew1

• Gold Member

Offline KryptoKnight

• Silver Member
  • surgery worth every penny
You could be a natural pro, like an amateur BB. 

But yes, also gym obsessed here and am anxious to get back in the gym.  About 1.5 weeks left!

Offline iginla23

• Bronze Member
im in the same boat, and am in great shape, but the puffy nips i have are holding me back. i had surgery about 7 months ago, in good shape and have since gotten in a lot better shape and the gyno has somewhat come back mainly because as my chest has gotten more cut the gland has also moved out more.

Offline omega

• Silver Member
hell yeah. im sort of a body builder. and im really into it. no steroids tho, and i've got gyne:) had my first surgery. still need a revivison. it sucks i swear. its like, you go 2 the gym so much, and u still cant rmove ur t shirt in front of people. il post pics in a few days. has any1 else got pics of a well developed chest. with gland on it?

Offline fed-up

• Silver Member
I can bench 120KG - not sure how much that works out in pounds for the USA. Front & Back photo's :

Offline milesed1

• Silver Member
The problem with building up the pecs is that it just pushes the overlying fat and breast tissue out further. It might help to get some of the fat off, but does nothing for the gladular part that causes the appearance you don't like.

Offline MikeM24

• Posting Member
i did my first show (natural obvoiusly) last spring and competed with gyne. I was real selfconcious about it even though it's not quite as noticable when ur real lean. I got the surgery done in the summer it was .2 pounds both sides. My chest looks a lot different now in sides poses, I still have some scar tissue on both sides that annoys that shit out of me and i'm 6 1/2 months post op

Offline AnonNZ

• Posting Member
I'm in the same boat, it's so frustrating to see those guys out there who do no exercise, eat what they will, and still feel confident to go to the beach. Why do we have to work so hard for so little?

DrBermant

Just wondering if there were any bodybuilders on here, in which i could see if it affects them as much as it does me......... many thanks
Yes, it does not take much to interfere with a cut look.

I take care of many competition and non-competition bodybuilders from around the world.  Although bodybuilding is great for toning up and helping losing weight, most all of my bodybuilders have told me that as they build up muscle, whatever sits on top of the muscle tends to get pushed out further.

Here - Gyno and BodyBuilding

Puffy Nipples and Bodybuilding

Here - Gynecomastia and BodyBuilding

Here - Gynecomastia Treatment

and

Here - Gynecomastia BodyBuilding.

I would suggest looking beyond each link's first page at all of the views for each patient to better understand the difference in the look before / after surgery.  There are other examples of lean patients, but thought this would be a good start.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024