Author Topic: Question about surgery cost  (Read 3349 times)

Offline daewoo123

• Posting Member
A certain PS gave me an estimate and said that surgery  would cost approximately $5,800 after all fees, etc. That just seems a bit too much in my opinion, I see people here saying they got surgery done for like 4-5k after all the fees. Should I look for another ps? I'm near Boston.

Offline Twin Peaks

• Silver Member
It seems that the cost of the procedure in the US can range from $3500-$8000.  It all depends on the location and the surgeon doing the operation as well as what type of anesthesia is being used.  I just contacted a surgeon today in NJ and his price was $5300 out-the-door.  I personally think any price under $6000 is a fair price.  However, when it comes to this surgery, no price is too high to get this crap out of my chest.  I sure many others on the board feel the same way.   

Offline MSJ108

Yup $3,500 is the low end which I got a quote for. I got quoted $5,100 as well

Offline Vizia

• Silver Member
  • (.Y.)
I had mine for $3,000 3.5 years ago (in NY). I wonder how much he charges now.
"God is dead" - Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead" - God

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Should I look for another ps?

Nothing wrong with that. However, make sure that the PS that you choose has good credentials and does GRS frequently...  ;)

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline DCBR78

• Silver Member
Should I look for another ps?

Nothing wrong with that. However, make sure that the PS that you choose has good credentials and does GRS frequently...  ;)

GB

Agreed. Remember, lowest quote isn't always the best. Highest price isnt necessarily going to get you the best PS either. Shop around and see how much experience each PS has.
Surgery Date: April 9, 2008.
Surgeon: Dr. J C Fielding. (Toronto)
Result: Life is getting better with every day.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Remember, lowest quote isn't always the best. Highest price isnt necessarily going to get you the best PS either. Shop around and see how much experience each PS has.

Wise words speak you do... Yes... Hmmm...  ;)

GB

Offline shon

• Posting Member
I dont know if there are major geographical differences when it comes to pricing, but I can tell you I visited two PS's, and got a phone quote from a third (all in Canada), and the quote was the same at all three +/- $200; the one I chose was the exact quote that you got (5800).  Oh, and this is recent; post-op 3 weeks.

My personal opinion, good PS's are recognized through credentials and a governing body;  I suspect the governing body 'assists' in ensuring that pricing isn't the major differentiator in who a patient choses.

Offline MSJ108

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024