Author Topic: MY first post---Surgery was 14 days ago. Crazy story.---  (Read 2160 times)

Offline b17edwards

I had a pretty bad case when I went in first off,  I’ve always worked out hard and used to box,  Even then at 190lbs vs. my 230lbs today I had the problem with my chest having too much flab, so I thought.  It was more gland than fat and that’s why I decided to have the operation. Benching 300lbs+ is great but worthless when you’re too scared to go out in public w/o a shirt.  So I get on this site read some posts and see some pics.  I felt since I’m young I should do it now.  I found a well renowned plastic surgeon; I felt good about the surgery and paid 3500 for it.  2-3 hour post op.
I got in there at 6am Tuesday two weeks ago.  I saw some other people getting prepped, the nurse got me in bed after I changed into a gown and I spoke with the anesthesiologist, the nurse, and the doctor performing the operation.  I got an IV put in and they asked me a few questions.  I felt pretty comfortable especially with the relaxing meds.  I’ve never had anesthesia before so I was a little nervous.  They brought me into a different room and before I knew it I was waking up to "everything went great are you ok?"  I responded with a grown something that must have been "yeah" I got some pain meds and noticed something was wrong.
This is where Shit hits the fan...I Was getting an Arnold Schwarzenegger Right peck, it was swelling up and fast with blood, I remember the team rushing me into the same room I was in when we had the surgery earlier. The anesthesiologist said he was going to put pressure on my throat and I should relax,  (later found out that was so I didn’t asphyxiate, throw up into my lungs and die) I woke up groggy and remember having a hard time focusing.  Everything kind of pixilated away when I focused on it.  My mother drove me up and she was crying, I guess my blood pressure was down to 59 over 40,  super dangerous and I was on oxygen,  also I had a drain sewed into my messed up right side.  
My girl is an RN at a hospital and she later told me about how dangerous things may have been.  They had me stay overnight in the hospital t monitor me.  Doc stays calm and tells me I’ll be ok.  I had a rough first week on pain pills and wrapped up and sleeping, this second week has been much better and I have gotten the drain removed. Had Headaches and sleeping tons due to loss of over a pint or more of blood. Only positive right now is man boobs gone. I wouldn’t want to do this again but it may end up being worth it in the long run, used to smoke before surgery and am at almost 3 weeks since a cigarette and I will focus much more on living a healthy lifestyle due to the drama of this process.
I have already begun slowly working out again. Just cardio, fast walk up hill and noticed a huge difference.  I am happy but still have limited feeling in my chest as well as much more tightness and bruising along the side they had to reopen after my first procedure.  I will post pics soon.  Can anyone chime in on why some tissue is soft and some hard like the lower part of the peck is really hard and somewhat protruding, the upper was a little soft at first now tighter.  Thanks for listening hope this helps some of you decide if you are ready for the possible problems that may arise in this (easy) procedure.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Sounds like you had a hematoma. Glad to hear all is well now.

The hard stuff you feel is scar tissue. It will dissipate on its own... Give it some time dude.

Congrats and welcome to the 'Other Side'...

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Male breast reduction surgery is commonly without trouble. All surgery carries with it a certain amount of risk. It sounds like you were there the day Murpheys Law kicked in.

Anyone contemplating surgery should know that situations such as you have described are rare, but they do happen. Even a top surgeon can have adverse results. Fortunately, such stories are rare.

Congratulations for having this in your past rather than here and now. Hopefully the remainder of your recovery in uneventful.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024