Author Topic: Looking for some advice.  (Read 1638 times)

Offline crowman1337

So I'm 17 years old and I'm pretty sure i have a pretty bad case of gynecomastia. My pediatrician years ago told me that it was a hormonal thing and that it would pass. Well, 7 or 8 years later and they're still here and more annoying then ever. It's been about 3 years since I've been to the doctor but I have an appointment tomorrow with a new doctor. I'm going to bring it up during that. I've spent a little bit of time looking at treatments and it seems like surgery is just the way to go. Now I for one am 100% up for going under the knife for it. However, If it comes to it, I am still 17 so I would have to ask my parents for the surgery. Now my main concern is that we wouldn't be able to afford it. So i guess my main question here is how much do these surgeries cost?

Offline cecly

• Silver Member
In Australia and America it will set you back about 5.5-6.5K (in local currency) and anywhere up to about 9K (although this is a rip off, go somewhere else if it's that much).

Just to answer some of your concerns, your original doctor was right, it usually goes away, but there is a small number of cases where it doesn't. It seems to be on the increase now though. Myself I believe it's due to the food we are eating (e.g. hormone pumped chickens). But others might dissagree.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
i'm of the same opinion on the food.  on price, you can get it for less if you look around and are willing to travel, and remember that's a package cost with anesthetic expenses, etc., surgeon fee is usually more like 2500 ish more or less depending on case. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024