Author Topic: what to do ?  (Read 1753 times)

Offline stucks

Hello guys . Need some advise . November 2008 i go to the doctor as i have gynecomastia on one side have for about 10 years now . Doctor says liposuction will sort that . Then i get a call saying they need to do blood tests first , so i go back and they take tests , when the test results come back i have high prolactin and low testosterone so i get another blood test and they come back low testosterone 11.3 and prolactin within normal range 218 . The doctor says he is gonna refer me to endocrine clinic . I am glad he is because i have been suffering in silence for a long time  , which i think is related to low testosterone . I get very depressed , mood swings , no drive no go , anti social , sweating in social situations , look a lot younger than my age , no confidence , tired most of time, poor facial hair growth .
before i go to doctors
About one year ago i got sick of the constant jibes and laughter about how young i look so i decided to try and raise my testosterone levels , i read that weightlifting raises testosterone , so i started weight lifting 3 times a week . I did enjoy working out and was progressing , then i start having extreme cold sweats at night ,  i would be freezing but sweating in bed , my girlfriend thought i was mad going to bed with pjs , dressing gown , socks and some times a woolie hat . I also became a lot more irritable , i would loose my head if i could not find something , just going mad over trivial things . I also became a lot less interested in sex .This went on until i stopped working out , i stopped because i was becoming very tired during my workouts yawning all the time and just didnt have the energy . After reading about low testosterone im guessing my testosterone levels must have been extremely low when i was trying to keep fit , thats why i was having cold sweats and the rest   . I should of told the doctor all of this but for some reason kept quiet .
I have read that some doctors will just turn you away if your levels are in there normal brackets , my last test came back low normal , im only 25 and should not be low normal . and the last thing i want is a doctor saying that the symptoms are in my head . So should i start workingout again to make sure my testosterone levels are at there lowest . I see the endocrinologist at the end of march , nhs wait list is so long .

thanks for listening .

DrBermant

Hello guys . Need some advise . November 2008 i go to the doctor as i have gynecomastia on one side have for about 10 years now . Doctor says liposuction will sort that . Then i get a call saying they need to do blood tests first , so i go back and they take tests , when the test results come back i have high prolactin and low testosterone so i get another blood test and they come back low testosterone 11.3 and prolactin within normal range 218 . The doctor says he is gonna refer me to endocrine clinic . I am glad he is because i have been suffering in silence for a long time  , which i think is related to low testosterone . I get very depressed , mood swings , no drive no go , anti social , sweating in social situations , look a lot younger than my age , no confidence , tired most of time, poor facial hair growth .
before i go to doctors
About one year ago i got sick of the constant jibes and laughter about how young i look so i decided to try and raise my testosterone levels , i read that weightlifting raises testosterone , so i started weight lifting 3 times a week . I did enjoy working out and was progressing , then i start having extreme cold sweats at night ,  i would be freezing but sweating in bed , my girlfriend thought i was mad going to bed with pjs , dressing gown , socks and some times a woolie hat . I also became a lot more irritable , i would loose my head if i could not find something , just going mad over trivial things . I also became a lot less interested in sex .This went on until i stopped working out , i stopped because i was becoming very tired during my workouts yawning all the time and just didnt have the energy . After reading about low testosterone im guessing my testosterone levels must have been extremely low when i was trying to keep fit , thats why i was having cold sweats and the rest   . I should of told the doctor all of this but for some reason kept quiet .
I have read that some doctors will just turn you away if your levels are in there normal brackets , my last test came back low normal , im only 25 and should not be low normal . and the last thing i want is a doctor saying that the symptoms are in my head . So should i start workingout again to make sure my testosterone levels are at there lowest . I see the endocrinologist at the end of march , nhs wait list is so long .

thanks for listening .

When the endocrine system is out of adjustment, there can be many more signs than just the symptoms of gynecomastia.  A good endocrinologist will help you explore such issues.  Stabilizing the problem is always better before surgery to minimize recurrence of the gynecomastia and just to generally feel better.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
I would strongly advise you to seek an endocrinologist for evaluation.  Once you have been evaluated and are stable, then you should consult with an experienced gynecomastia surgeon.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024