Author Topic: does insurance cover surgery ???  (Read 3605 times)

Offline mmw41

• Posting Member
ive been living with this crap for way to long and im ready to get rid of tis problem! i am 21 and play college football so i am pretty much forced to take my shirt off after practice to take showers...i am a broke college student and i need to know if insurance will pay for surgery??? i am on my plqystation right now cause laptop is fried....ill put up pics soon!   only have puffy nipples and fatty tissue behind them....if u know how much this will cost me please let me know!

Offline Merangue

• Silver Member
The only place I know where insurance covers the operation (excision) is Canada.

Most private insurance companies won't.

I'm a broke ass college student too. Took me 2 years of savings but I finally got enough. So it's doable, just gotta work towards it.

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

Offline FreeinVegas

• Posting Member
The only time I've ever heard of a private insurer (In the US) paying for it is if it somehow could be classified as a necessity.  for example:  overly sensitive or hurting posture...those are long shots though.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Most insurance policies do not cover surgery for Gynecomastia.

The usual thinking is that the condition is so common that they consider it to be "Normal" or at least "Not unusual".  There is coverage for mastectomies in the case of pathology Which would be quite rare.

The insurance companies usually classify this kind of surgery as Cosmetic and Not Essential but elective..

There are exceptions of course, but not many.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Dave_8

• Gold Member
Average cost of gyne surgery is usally around $5,000 to $8,000. But there's a surgeon in texas who does it for only $2700.
If you have gyne, dont expect not be laughed at.

Just like if you walk into a locker room, you're gonna see some hairy asses and dicks.

Unfortunately for me, both have occured in my life way too many times.

Offline iFlow

• Posting Member
Try using your student loans, if you have.

Offline Pacifico

• Silver Member

anonymous1

I am 19 and would like to play college ball, just waiting on surgery to go out for the team. I am having surgery wed and I had to sell my beautiful motorcycle to afford it, but IMO it will be well worth it.

Offline cecly

• Silver Member
Loans and work, that's all there is to it :P

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024