Author Topic: Inverted Nips?  (Read 5006 times)

Offline Cole1992

• Bronze Member
  • Got that problem off my chest :) (pun intended)
Has anyone ever gotten inverted nipples after surgery? My surgery is on this wednesday :) and he says the chances of getting inverted nipples is about 20%. Pretty high in my opinion.. and if this happens to me, I will feel worse than having gyno, especially with summer coming up. Again, anyone ever had this happen to them, or heard of anyone getting it?
R.I.P. Gyno 2004-2009 :) Good Riddance. Pics here: http://s714.photobucket.com/albums/ww150/Cole1992/

DrBermant

Has anyone ever gotten inverted nipples after surgery? My surgery is on this wednesday :) and he says the chances of getting inverted nipples is about 20%. Pretty high in my opinion.. and if this happens to me, I will feel worse than having gyno, especially with summer coming up. Again, anyone ever had this happen to them, or heard of anyone getting it?

I can treat Male Inverted Nipples with my Dynamic Technique Gynecomastia Surgery.  This is something I have never experienced as a complication for any of my many male chest surgical sculptures.  I have seen nipple inversion complications from other doctors' operations and I have done revisions for them.  They are a mini form of a Crater Deformity Complication.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline mrpower33

• Silver Member
20% is way to high in my opinion.  I WOULD CANCEL NOW, that's too big a risk.  How would inverted nipples be better than puffy ones!?!  Think about it!  Trust me, Bermant knows what he's doing.

anonymous1

20% seems wayyyy too high.  I made sure my doc had 100% confidence in that I was going to look great before I had the surgery.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Inverted nipples can occur after surgery.  Most often it is due to overzealous removal of breast tissue directly below the nipple/areola.  Surgeons who often perform gyne surgery are aware of this possibility and take all precautions against it.

However, should it occur, there are surgical corrections that can be made.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline superduty

• Posting Member

Time to find a new doctor.  Good thing you posted here Pre-surgery not Post-surgery.  You still have time to change Drs.  Had my doc told me there was 20% chance I would not have used him.  Dont feel bad cancelling at this late stage.  You will feel much worst if you are one of the 20%.

Offline Cole1992

• Bronze Member
It's already scheduled for tomorrow.. I can't choose another doctor..

Offline Cole1992

• Bronze Member
Inverted nipples can occur after surgery.  Most often it is due to overzealous removal of breast tissue directly below the nipple/areola.  Surgeons who often perform gyne surgery are aware of this possibility and take all precautions against it.

However, should it occur, there are surgical corrections that can be made.

Dr Jacobs
So you're saying if he takes out too much breast tissue from below my nipple, it will result in a crater nipple deformity?

Offline superduty

• Posting Member
It's already scheduled for tomorrow.. I can't choose another doctor..

If you told me you already had surgery, I would agree you couldnt choose another Dr, but if you hadnt had surgery yet, then yes you CAN choose another Dr.  Depending on when the Dr told you about his 80% success rate that could be a good reason to back out.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
if you feel you're committed i guess you could hope for that 80%.  if you're really bothered, just ask him to take extra precautions and i'm sure he'd try. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline superduty

• Posting Member
Best of luck, sounds like you are going through with it.  We all hope it comes out perfect and quick healing.

Offline Cole1992

• Bronze Member
I took the chance, and had it done about 3 hours ago. It was painless. Hopefully it'll turn out as good as it feels. Bandages come off in about a week. :)

GynO_DuDe

Good Luck fella' ... the operations always a breeze apparently, its just the healing 'shock' factor that people find most difficult.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024