Author Topic: Scars in public  (Read 1890 times)

Offline rok69star

• Posting Member
how do u deal with noticeable scars what if someone asks you about them what do you say i mean i have ....well slightly noticeable scars i guess and I'm too terrified to take my shirt off how do i deal with that?

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
how long ago was your op, how long have you had the scars?  where are they, how long are they, did you go out in the sun much afterwards? 

regarding being asked, i'd have an easier time talking about it post op than pre-op, especially if it was a total stranger, i'd probably just tell them. 

the answers to those questions will help answer yours. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I think the key word in the original post is "Slightly" rather than "noticeable."

If that is true, then I think you have nothing to worry about.

Keep in mind that you are fully aware of the presence of the scars even though they are slight by your own definition. Someone else may not take note of them at all.

Truly, we are our own worst enemies.
Grandpa Dan

Offline BadCaseGyno

• Bronze Member
I got plastic surgery on my forehead many years back which left me with a slightly noticeable scar on my forehead which somewhat resembles a lightning bolt. I honestly have fun with the stories. Sometimes I'd tell someone with a straight face that I got shot because I was mistaked for a gang member, sometimes I'd be like "So this is what happened. Some dude named Volde-something broke into my house and whacked both my parents, but I was too badass for him so all he could do to me was this little scar". It would sometimes take the listener a few seconds to realize I was talking about Harry Potter haha. I just have fun with it.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024