Author Topic: pleaase help 18 y.o.  (Read 1730 times)

Offline nippleboy5

• Posting Member
hi im pretty new to this site. I have had gyne for about 5 years now. I really do not know where to even start for help. My regular doctor says that it is normal but i know it is not. Is there a certain doctor i should go to for this problem?? And also would it be necessary for me to go see an endocronoloigst. What should i do?

Offline moobsbrah

• Bronze Member
If you have had stable gyno for 5 years w/o any changes, it is probably not going away, and you should start considering the merits of surgery. I would set up a consult w/ a plastic surgeon that you feel comfortable with and proceed from there. It probably isn't necessary to see an endo if your problem has been stable for 5 years, but ask your PS if he reccomends you do. As for deciding on a surgeon, many good ones post on this site, and by looking at other doctors websites in your area, you can get an idea if this is a common procedure for them and compare before/after pics. Being board-certified in PS is the first thing you should look at a fundamental level, and then consider how commonly they perform gyno operations and what the before/after results look like. One thing to be skeptical of is a plastic surgeon who tells you up front they will only do lipo and/or that they remove gland using lipo only and  that excision is not necessary...good luck
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 03:22:09 AM by moobsbrah »

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
 " " " . 

if you want to improve your familiarity with the subject, read around the site a little too.  welcome to the place. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Jopet

• Silver Member
  • MANILA, PHILIPPINES
for me.. seeing an endo wont help..
removal of the gland for sure is the best answer by surgery.

Removal of the fats is easy... Just take exercise, go to the gym and have your diet.
*** THE GREATEST AMOUNT OF WASTED TIME IS THE TIME NOT GETTING STARTED. ***

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The Doctor is right in a way. Something that affects so many men and has (Usually) no pathology involved would be considered normal by several definitions.

The designation of "Normal" in this context can be misleading though. You are not alone in thinking it to be unnatural. To say the least, many men find the condition to be a constant source of embarrassment.

If you have had the condition for several years and it is not changing in any way, you would probably not gain any benefit from seeing an Endocrinologist.

The Doctor you would be looking for is a cosmetic surgeon, preferably one who specializes in male breast reduction.

If your breasts are changing or you have other health problems these should be attended to first before seeing the surgeon..
Grandpa Dan

Offline nippleboy5

• Posting Member
thanks for the advice..i guess i should start looking for a surgeon

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024