Author Topic: ive gone insane, im fed up  (Read 6382 times)

Offline pantheman1988

i posted my pics a while ago (under drunkent1988). Absolutely no improvement since then. ive gone insane. I CANNOT TAKE THIS ANYMORE. it affects everything that i do. ive gotten a new girlfriend and i love the crap out of her, but im so nervous to go any further than i already have. my life would be 100 times better if i didnt have this. surgery is out and i just cant wait anymore...what can i do...this shit gets me so depressed all the time...

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I did not see your pics so I am not aware how bad your situation really is.

The girls simply do not pay as much attention to our breasts as we do. many years ago, I had a girlfriend who actually had smaller breasts than mine.  We teased each other, but not in a serious way and it was never a real issue in our relationship.

Having breasts never really got in the way of anything that I wanted to do in life, But my attitude about my breasts and hence my self image did stop me from a lot of things that I would otherwise have done.

What is on your chest is much less important than what is going on between your ears.

You really need to see a Doctor, preferably an Endocrinologist.  It will be important to relate your feelings and give the Doctor a good complete history of your condition. Making some brief notes in advance may help to save valuable time when you see the Doctor.  The doctor needs to know about your depression also as this may be an important symptom.

It takes a real man to cope with having breasts. I know, I'v had mine since the 1940's.

You have better options available to you now than I would ever have believed possible back then.

Do whatever it takes to keep your attitude up and get to the Doctor ASAP.

Meanwhile, stay in touch here, you are not alone!

Grandpa Dan

Offline Spleen

Listen to Paa and see a doc.  Make sure there's nothing bigger going on.

You asked "what can i do".  Don't treat this like a rhetorical question because you are not powerless.  You can do any number of things.  You get in the gym, save for surgery, talk about your trepidations with your girlfriend, or talk to a therapist.  These would be good things.  You could also do nothing, or do a lot of booze and drugs, or something else self-destructive.  

So your options are to change your appearance, change the way you think about your appearance, or just be misearable.  Seems like there are 2 good options.

Gine2D

You say surgery is out.  

That leaves two options.

.  If you are a teen have your male/female hormones tested.  The doc may be able to proscribe for low testosterone & high esterogen E2.  This may correct it if you are a teen.

. Change your attitude.  Try to accept the fact that you along with millions of men have large breasts.

My Breast growth started at about age 12.  I had seen breasts on my male friends & father & did not think it was not normal.  Look around you at the malls, many men are wearing sweaters & T-shirts with large breasts.  They have a different attitude about what really matters in life.

I went to school, got teased in high school until a couple of guys found it was not healthy, played foorball, dated a lot of girls, got a job, got married, & had children.

Life is good when you have the correct attitude.

Teens make mountains out of molehills.

I am a size 40D & the breasts are a part of me.

Good luck

G

Offline vaio

• Gyne free, is the way to be!
Start saving for the surgery. I went through denile, thinking to myself it looked fine and I was just imagining it for years. I finally accepted it and started proceding to do something about it. I went to a PS who is going to fix the problem for me. Mine was caused from taking Prednisone (a steroid used to treat asthma). It pisses me off because its caused from a medicine a Doctor precsribed to me without telling me the possible side effects. The hardest part for you is going to be accepting it and schedualing a consultation with a plastic surgeon. From there, they guide you. No more worrys. I got surgery schedualed in 1 month. Even though my case is minor, it still aggervated me. If anything bothers you, the money would be worth it to have it fixed.
$2,800 = Freedom!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/album?.dir=7e36&.src=ph&am p;store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/my_photos

Offline pantheman1988

well just to give a bit of info...im 16, started to come in around 12-13. I work out regularly. I take martial arts class which involves alot of cardiovascular exercise and also alot of strength training like pushups ,situps, etc, so its not like i dont exercise. Id say im pretty physically fit. im around 6 feet, maybe 6'1'' and weigh about 195. Its just the fact that they are there you know? and that i cant do anything about it. the reason surgery is out is because i am still a teenager and there is the possibility that it is just pubertal gyne. im getting a physical sometime mid february, ill get a hormone check to see whats up. gine2d, what do u mean low testosterone/high estrogen e2? im not familiar with that. but anyways thank you for the advice. my dad just says "suck it up dont worry about it" but he just doesnt know...coming here makes me realize im not alone in this..

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Lets see,

6'1",  195lb,  Reasonably Fit,  Strength Training,  Martial Arts.

It could be dangerous to tease someone who fit that description.  Unless he volunteered to be a victim.  Or, Unless his primary tormentor was himself.

You simply have got to learn not to beat yourself up.

Do not allow one thing to dominate your opinion of who and what you are.

I'm glad to hear that you are scheduled to see the Dr.

I think it was spleen that said you should talk it over with your girlfriend.  Girls are really much more open about such things than men and boys are.  Talking to her is probably a very good idea.

Good luck!

« Last Edit: January 29, 2005, 08:08:25 PM by Paa_Paw »

Offline vaio

That sucks you are only 16. I would wait till your at least 18 to get the operation done. Hang in there.

Alex18

I know exactly how you feel with the girlfriend thing.  It's ridiculous not being able to take your shirt off in front of people.  Why have you ruled out surgery?

Gine2D

Pantheman;
"what do u mean low testosterone/high estrogen e2?"

Many males with boobs have low testosterone & high Estrogen E2 ratio.
It is the E2 that attaches to the breast estrogen receptors & makes them grow.  All males have breasts, it just that most never got enough of the E2 to grow.

The normal ratio of Testosterone to E2 is in the range of 30:1 to 50:1.

example.  total Testosterone of 500 & E2 of 50 would be 10:1.  The free T is not available as it has been converted to E2.  It should be going to the muscle growth & energy, instesd it is sent to the estrogen receptors in the body, mostly in the breasts.

That would be a boob growing problem in most men.
Mine has been down to 7:1,  I am now lowering the E2 levels to the normal range in the 20s.

Many docs would look at both test levels & say they are "normal" & in the accepted range, but a 10:1 T:E ratio is not normal, expecially for a young man.  It should be over 30:1

If you keep increasing the T but never check the E, then the E may actually be increasing faster than the T.

If too much Testosterone enters the body in a short time the excess is converted to E2.  This will cause breast growth.

At puberty many boys & girls get hit with a lot of testosterone & estrogen.  If the male body does not soon balance out the hormones then the boobs are permanent.  If the girls do not get enough E2 then they have small breasts.  
Girls with small breasts are more acceptable than a boys with large breasts.  Boys & Men have always hidden the breasts, the girls & women wear padded bras.  Both are normal ways the bodies develop

Some research is being done at puberty with Testosterone increase & Estrogen E2 decrease to stop the boob growth.

I hope I got some of this across to you.  I am not real good with words expressed.

G
« Last Edit: January 30, 2005, 04:37:18 AM by Gine2D »

Offline hypo

Seemed very well expressed to me Gine2D.

This is not directed at anyone just a frank admission.

I am getting tired (in the literal sense) of having to constantly insist of the importance of hormone testing prior to looking into treatment options, whether that is surgery or anything else.  

None of us should be talking about surgery, before recommending hormone testing first- it is putting the cart before the horse and it could lead to serious problems- like a serious condition going undiagnosed and gynecomastia returning post surgery.

Help me out guys? To those that do...sorry and to those that I say this too..please don't take offense...just offer a hand.

Again I should say that depression can be the direct result of a lowered level of bioavailable testosterone- it is a symptom of hypogonadism.

Given that approx 10% of people on this site are likely to have hypogonadism suggesting going to the gym or other positive steps whilst being totally laudable in most circles, will not help those people that have depression for this reason.  Only correcting the hormone imbalance will do that...so again that comes down to pushing hormone testing and helping to get those sufferers diagnosed.    

P.S

Vaio on the prednisone note, prednisome is known to cause a lowering of bone density that can in long term or heavy use lead to osteo conditions such as osteoporosis.  I am not saying this relates to you at all, just letting you know of the association, if you have had long term or heavy use you may want to get a bone density scan, particularly if you are slight of build.  You can ignore this if you want.  I only raise it because I have osteo conditions and the link concerned me.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2005, 05:18:41 AM by hypo »

Offline vaio

Seemed very well expressed to me Gine2D.

P.S

Vaio on the prednisone note, prednisome is known to cause a lowering of bone density that can in long term or heavy use lead to osteo conditions such as osteoporosis.  I am not saying this relates to you at all, just letting you know of the association, if you have had long term or heavy use you may want to get a bone density scan, particularly if you are slight of build.  You can ignore this if you want.  I only raise it because I have osteo conditions and the link concerned me.

I appreciate your concern Hypo. I have not used the Prednisone is at least 4 years. I highly doubt I have any bone issues. I am a very strong individual compaired to the average person my age. I can bench press twice my bodyweight +10 lbs. I have worked out alot over the years thinking it would but the "fat" off my chest. I never knew of this condition (gynecomastia) until I found out about this web site. I am kind of happy in a way I didn't find out about it earlier, because having gynecomastia has given me so much motivation to lift weights over the years. Now its time for it to come off . :D

« Last Edit: January 30, 2005, 05:08:31 PM by vaio »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024