Author Topic: Anybody need help with their ACNE?  (Read 2142 times)

Offline nothingworse

• Gold Member
Well, a few people have asked me lately what I have used to cure my acne. Well, I can tell you the only thing that really did the job for me was ACU-TANE. It is a miracle drug for acne. It literally destroys it. First I took it and everything started to flake over. Then slowly it started falling off and my face began to get clearer each time I would wash my face. After 6 months my face was pretty much crystal clear. I suggested it to 2 of my friends which they both had severe cases. One of them cleared up in 7 months the other it took about 4 months. But, it does work for everyone. It is a last resort acne medicine. You have to go to your dermatologist to get it. But, it is quite costly because it is proven to work. If you have decent insurance it should cover it. I remember it being $500 a month. But, our insurance covered it. And within 6 months I was in tears almost when I saw a clear face in the mirror. After 5 years of acne it was finally destroyed. It is now 3 years later and it has never come back. Just a very minor outbreak from time to time which went away in a day or so. So, anyone that needs help with their acne get ACU-TANE it is a life saver. Just letting people know. Don't waste your money on Pro-Activ and those other crappy creams as ACU-TANE is the real deal when curring acne. Anybody have any other questions just ask because I can help you with this subject.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
After 6 months my face was pretty much crystal clear. I remember it being $500 a month. But, our insurance covered it.

Hmmmmm.....  $500 a month for 6 months. That's $3000, approx the cost of a Gyne reduction operation and your insurance co. covered it? And.... probably with 'no questions asked'! Acne for most people, is a temporary 'cosmetic' affliction. It doesn't make sense that an insurance company would pay for $3000 worth of acne medecine and not the removal of Gyncomastia >:( which can be a permanent affliction. Mind boggling isn't it... ???

John.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2005, 03:27:13 PM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline nothingworse

• Gold Member
John,

That's the funny thing. It was a total of about $3000 maybe a bit more. And ya, that is what insurance probably would have had to pay for my gyne reduction. Considering mine wasn't really cosmetic. Our insurance company also paid for my moms thyroid removal and she had the option of taking pills for a cure. If they had a pill or a miracle medicine for gyne removal everyone would be taking it. Insurance just makes a big fit over gynecomastia. It was $500 a month for the pills and we only had to pay a $15 co pay each time at the pharmacy. So we spent maybe a $100 total of our money. It is just plain weird. Well considering it now maybe insurance wouldn't cover it now. They have just gotten bad over the past 3 years especially. I had several surgeons and doctors say if it would have been about 5 years ago my gyne would have been covered. Well the main thing is I am happy my acne is gone and will soon be glad that my gyne is gone on Nov. 4. Hopefully things go as planned.

Offline Worrier

• Gold Member
It is odd isn't it. when i had acne I was offered ACu-tane free on the NHS in the uk for as long as I needed.  No questions asked. no hoops to jump through.

I get gyne which is as Bambu says a cosmetic condition which can be permanent and I have to have numerous tests, see a psychologist, and am then turned down due to my weight even though I was within their limits.
        I then have to go to an appeals board and get it but this has taken a year and a half. I have not even had the op and not been given a date for one.I win the appeal but as the nhs does not do both excision and lipo at once I then have to go through the whole process AGAIN if lipo isn't enough. Ii is odd how two cosmetic conditions are treated differently.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024