Author Topic: Areola Scarring  (Read 2996 times)

Offline tbb82

• Posting Member
Hi,

I am going for surgery for mild gynecomastia but the thought of scarring where the incision is made (just within the areola) is making me very nervous. I am going travelling four months post op and don't want to feel self conscious about the scar (especially since my friends dont know I am having this op). Will the scar EVER be totally unnoticeable - so no-one could tell anything has ever happened there - and when would that be? I have looked at some photos here but its hard to tell what the areola scar would look like close up and in the light of day!

Any and all experience greatfully received.

Thankyou
Tim

DrBermant

Hi,

I am going for surgery for mild gynecomastia but the thought of scarring where the incision is made (just within the areola) is making me very nervous. I am going travelling four months post op and don't want to feel self conscious about the scar (especially since my friends dont know I am having this op). Will the scar EVER be totally unnoticeable - so no-one could tell anything has ever happened there - and when would that be? I have looked at some photos here but its hard to tell what the areola scar would look like close up and in the light of day!

Any and all experience greatfully received.

Thankyou
Tim

The areola chest skin interface is a great place to hide a scar and fool the eye.  Check out the many before after pictures of this Areola / Nipple Gallery here, here, and here.  These results are typical for my sculpture of my patients.  Armpit scars tend to show especially on lifting the arms and animation.

How tissues move is important.  The human body is beautiful in animation.  That is why I show pictures of the chest with arms up, down, and with muscles tight / relaxed in addition to the results from multiple views.  Such analysis of the results as well as how tissues evolve, the possible need for drains, comfort level after surgery, are important factors in picking your doctor.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024