Author Topic: Compression vest  (Read 3628 times)

Offline underknifesoon

Gents, a question -  i have a surgery scheduled for next wednesday (March, 29, Beijing China) and when i mentioned will the compression vest be provided i was told that a compression bandage will be used instead.

However, from reading up on this site i understand that the compression garment is practically a requirement and the recovery would be much worse without one.

Please advise should i insist on the compression vest or just order one, which i will probably have to order out of the US and wait until it arrives before going for the surgery...

Offline oceanseleven

you need a garment for the manipulated surgery area to adhere to your new  contours. It takes a few weeks I am told for this heal to occur. I was told to wear mine for a month. I really find it helps with controlling pains and discomfort. I also told it aids in fluid dispersion /fluid retention. Get a couple of garments and wear them 24/7...not both at the same time. They are a definate must for a proper heal to occur

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The surgeon will specify what they wish, Their choice of a pressure bandage, Vest, or something altogether different is based upon what has worked well for them in the past for the particular surgical method they plan to use on you. Your best advise is to simply follow the surgeons instructions to the letter.
Grandpa Dan

Offline merle

• Gold Member
  • Author, Psychotherapist, Consultant
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
I believe that the bandage is short term, I would wear a vest for at least a month post surgery. There are two vendors on gynecomastia.org that sells them.

Merle
Demystifying Gynecomastia: Men with Breasts
The first book on Gynecomastia

My newest book: Facing the Truth of Your Life is very relevant to members of this forum. It could save you a lot of unnecessary pain and time.

Book books are available on Amazon. FTTOYL is also available through your local bookstore or on Audible or iTunes.

Offline underknifesoon

thanks, how do i find these vendors on the site?

Offline g-note

Although this is an old post but in case you come back to it can you please tell me where you hadyour surgery in beijing china .thank you

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024