Author Topic: Gruffs DIY guide to post op fluid fix!  (Read 9855 times)

Gruff

Look I know i'm going to get a load of abuse for posting this, but i'm going to write this anyway as a source of information for others. Who may choose to ignore this or not, it's up to you.

O.K firstly boring basic facts... before we get to the exciting part!

For those who have just had surgery and have any fluid build up. This fluid build up is called a 'seroma', a collection of serum (also known as lymph fluid). And it will often occur as a result of tissue damage from lipo, and / or is the bodies natural way to fill the cavity, left from the removal of the gland or fat tissue.

It's generally a bad thing... because although it's completely sterile, and will eventually be absorbed by your body... it has a high risk of turning into hard fibrous scar tissue.

I had a minor 'seroma' fluid build up. So my p.s didn't think it was worth draining off.

But I felt differently, but I didn't want to argue, or be bothered to go back to the hospital.

So here it is guys, Gruff's 'Do It Yourself' guide to removing post op "seroma" build up fluid  :o

1. Go to the pharmacy. Buy some alcohol prep pads and a collection of needles and syringes.

2. I used an average 'blue pin' sized needle (about 3cm long) and about double the thickness of an insulin needle. With a 12cc plunger.

3. Alcohol wipe the area around the fluid build up.

4. I popped the needle in with the plunger fully in. The depth i found best for me was just maybe 0.5cm to 1cm below the skins surface. At about a 45 degree angle, so really just below the surface of the skin.

5. I pulled back and filled the syringe with the full capacity of the 12cc plunger in about 10 seconds, nice and slowly and with zero difficulty.  And watched my nipple instantly go from puffy to a little inverted. I felt I could have got a little more out, but the 12cc for me had a major appearance effect and seemed plenty. The fluid was a slightly reddish yellow color.

6. I alcohol swabbed the area where the needle went in.

7. Held a bandage swab thingy on the site tightly for a minute.

8. Put a sterile bandage 10 x 10cm over the area.

9. Wrapped the compression bandages back around straight away and as tightly as possible to reduce the risk of further fluid taking it's place.

10. Sat back, totally amazed at how simple it was. I have feeling in my nipples already, yet the whole process caused zero pain. I still cannot believe how easy it was to do.

O.K there you go. Oh and as far as making any comparisons go as to the simplicity of the whole thing... Well firstly I should say, my gyne was originally from the usual puberty thing, made much worse from using steroids back about 7 or 8 years ago now. Now I can honestly say draining off this fluid, was a heck of a lot easier than any intra muscular steroid injection I ever gave myself.

Gruff

P.S cant wait to check it out tomorrow!!! But I think i should keep the bandages on very tight for at least 12 hours before sneaking a peek!

Offline ghostrider

• Bronze Member
  • surgery done 05/09/06
hey gruff....

sounds like a very easy and yet very effective technique...and after my surgery if i have this fluid build up i will most certainly follow your guide....so just to get this clear....when you sucked out the fluid your nipples insrtantly went less puffy? :D ;D

Offline rocketrob

• Silver Member
  • GYNO IS A BIATCH!
Yo Gruff....... keep me posted on that drainage thing!!!

I still have puffy ones and hate like hell to go to my PS for a third time..... Its wierd because there is no hard glandular feeling under my nipple(had lipo only 2 times) so maybe fluid that you are talking about!

Where exactly did you put the needle in?

Thanks  Rob

Offline rocketrob

• Silver Member
  • GYNO IS A BIATCH!
Oh.... how long since your surgery?

Offline rocketrob

• Silver Member
  • GYNO IS A BIATCH!
Well, im thinking of going out tonight and gettin a couple of syringes to try myself.... I have no hard tissue but puffy nipples.... and had lipo done 2 times, no cut, no gland removed..... This will be friggin crazy if it works.... had my second surgery 2 weeks ago...

What do u think?

Rob

Offline rocketrob

• Silver Member
  • GYNO IS A BIATCH!
Thanks for the advice Gruff.... I am gonna try tomorrow!
I am over 30 and own my own business ( you would laugh if I told you what I own) Anywhooooo, I have enough experiece with a syringe as I use to dabble in the "juice". So dont worry about stupidity on my part.

Question: ho w do u figure the fluid can build up and stay in that one area?
Rob

Offline rocketrob

• Silver Member
  • GYNO IS A BIATCH!
P.S tried to add you to my messenger(msn)  didnt work

Rob

Offline jones357

• Silver Member
Thanks for the advice Gruff.... I am gonna try tomorrow!
I am over 30 and own my own business ( you would laugh if I told you what I own) Anywhooooo, I have enough experiece with a syringe as I use to dabble in the "juice". So dont worry about stupidity on my part.

Question: ho w do u figure the fluid can build up and stay in that one area?
Rob

ALRIGHT, TELL US WHAT YOU OWN.

Offline rocketrob

• Silver Member
  • GYNO IS A BIATCH!
Hey Gruff........ how is the drainage lookin today.... nipples still flat to the chest?
Rob

Offline hiufung88319

• Silver Member
Quiet similar with Asia method,Asia is using a better method,it is very useful,but other people don't accept it(ie.UK,US,Eurpore)
I promise when the gyne problem fixed,i will try my best on everything.I will study hard and become Sith Lord ;)

Offline hiufung88319

• Silver Member
You still use the drain to drain out the fuild?

Offline silly_guy

• Silver Member
Uh hmmmm.

Please don't anyone try this.  I know gyne sucks and all.  But don't potentially create a nightmare experience by messing around with yourself.

Anyways, your PS has dedicated his/her life to understanding the best surgical options.  I mean, hell, thats what your paying all that money for.

If you don't trust your surgeon to do everything possible to help you, go get a second opinion.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 08:23:38 PM by silly_guy »

Offline nothingworse

• Gold Member
Gruff, you mean't sticking the needle in the nipple area or below or above it. I got my surgery a while back but, there is still some excess fluid in that area. Just making sure because I am going to do this. I am matenencing my body right now and I want to do the whole thing over. My nipples are a bit puffy especially the left one after the surgery and I know what you said should do the trick. Let me know,

Thanks

Offline Pecman

• Posting Member
Hey Gruff, I'm a month out of surgery...lipo and excision.  My left side has been a living miracle, it looks completely perfect.  My right side however is pretty good but the nipple is still distended.  The only scar tissue I can feel on both sides is directly under the excision, which is normal.  

Here's the kicker...after surgery my left side drained a considerable amount of fluid, and is now perfectly flat on my chest.

The right side never drained anything, and now it seems I have a fluid buildup behind the operation site (directly under the nipple).  In your opinion, does this seem like a similar situation to what you had, or an applicable situation at least?  Also, where did you insert the needle?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 09:47:44 AM by Pecman »

Offline rocketrob

• Silver Member
  • GYNO IS A BIATCH!
PLEASE NOTE.... Gruff's syringe was a monster size.... the size of a surgical syringe, we are talking big and thick...... I attempted this feat with the biggest syringe I could find.... was not even close to the size of his LOL.

So if you attempt this manouver, make sure you dont hack youself to shit with a little needle....

I am happy that Gruff's experience work out for him and if I had a larger syringe I would try again!!!  BUT.... Dont try this unless you have a syringe the size of Gruff's.

Congrats again my friend!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024