Author Topic: Telling your parents...  (Read 2420 times)

Offline d3ll

• Posting Member
I know where i stand with my parents, and to be honest yeah, im a bit of bother, i dont like to be bossed around by them etc. I NEED to tell them about my gyne, but i think they'll start using more authority and see me as a weaker person if i tell them. I need to find the best way of wording telling them, i might as well tell them now before i start thinking about it and it gets too late, and good ways to word it guys?

Offline monnom

• Bronze Member
just tell them u have a problem that ur uncomfortable with...

i just went through my doctor instead of my parents, my doctor told me to wait til i was older thinking it would go away, it didnt, so than he said well ur stuck with what u have

had i gone to my parents when i was 13 it would have been delt with turns out my dad had the exact same problem and got surgery when he was 15
source of revelation, inspiration, nutrition, relaxation, entertainment, and healing

Offline hazzard623

• Bronze Member
  • zap that gyno
i told my parents they didnt care they wouldent spend 3000 something .i went to 2 doctors wasted time they told me useless info i already knew about gyno.they gave me no referral.insurance didnt cover it.so i still have it ^^ .the end

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
d3ll - first of all, what the hell does d3ll stand for? JC is my initials and 71 is the year I was born = JC71

Now to your question.

I guess all parents are a little different in how they react to things like this, but I know one thing all parents have in common......NO parent wants to see their kid suffer.

I know, I know, you're thinking I don't know your parents, and you're right. But, I just can't imagine them thinking you're a "weaker person."

I've been on these boards long enough to know that when this question has come up on old threads, the guy gets the courage to tell his parents and then reports back saying, "That wasn't near as bad as I thought it would be."

We can give you advice, but you have to do the leg work and tell them.

Good luck.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 06:57:25 PM by jc71 »

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
If you are having problems in discussing this with your parents, perhaps you can confide in one of your Grandparents. They not only have some degree of influence upon your parents, They may be in a better position to help financially should that be needed.

As a grandparent (and Great-Grandparent) myself, I have been able to run interference for my Grandchildren with success on several occasions.

What have you got to lose?
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024