Author Topic: bodybuilder with gyno  (Read 2659 times)

Offline peh123

• Posting Member
Hi I am a bodybuilder and I just have two small glandular like lumps just under my nipples. I have heard that the surgery for this is not as bad cos all the doc does is remove the glands and thats it. no lipo etc...is this true and do you heal quicker and is it cheaper than usual???

DrBermant

Hi I am a bodybuilder and I just have two small glandular like lumps just under my nipples. I have heard that the surgery for this is not as bad cos all the doc does is remove the glands and thats it. no lipo etc...is this true and do you heal quicker and is it cheaper than usual???

I sculpt many Bodybuilders with Gynecomastia and most tell me that their Puffy Nipples tends to look worse with muscle building.  As they build their muscles, what sits on top gets pushed further out.

I have seen many patients with a nasty Crater Deformity Complication after Gynecomastia Surgery by excision alone by other doctors.  That is why I prefer my Dynamic Technique for Gynecomastia where I target gland first and then refine the remaining tissue with an artist's pallet of tools.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline captklenk

• Posting Member
I had excision only performed and it worked out great. I am very low bodyfat so the surgeon did not perform lipo. Almost no bruising or pain. Anthem insurance covered the operation, although obtaining approval took some work.

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
Yes Peh,

Many body builders have very little fat and therefore don't need lipo.  Many do very well with gland excision alone.  I do charge less if lipo is not required.  On occasion I will excise gland tissue under local anesthesia, but only rarely.  Patients tolerate the procedure much better under general anesthesia. 

Dr. Pope, M.D.
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024