Author Topic: i got a quote today please help  (Read 10716 times)

Offline FLATisGUD

• Posting Member
i dont knw if i am too late....in answering
just became a member...but have been searching quite long for a surgeon for my self in india....i am from india
i have zeroed down on a couple of doctors...whose rates are USD1000-1500 and this includes everything from pre surgery tests to post surgery visits

Offline theta

• Posting Member
just an update, I actually decided on a doc and went through with the surgery. I am one day post-op. my only concern though is this: the doctor said that my right side seemed to have more fat than the left and therefore removed more fat on the right.

to me, that makes no sense really since I'm right handed, and though it's slight, everything on my right side is more defined than the left. having puffy nipples for as long as 9-10 years that I can remember, I obviously see my own chest every day and am very familiar with it.

he did not come up with this during the pre-op but decided that really right as he was drawing on me right before the operation. that's one reason why it concerns me as I feel it wasn't a thoroughly thought-out conclusion. what's more, I feel like the room being cold and what not could have affected the puffiness of the nipple, making it appear smaller than it really is.

third, and probably the most convincing reason for me to think the left side has more fat is because after showers, stimulation etc, the left side always has a bit more trouble becoming erect and when both are erect, the left is also the first to resume it's natural positioning. I figure this must be because since there is more fat or whatever, it is harder for the nipple to contract.

I can only really hope that I'm wrong and that the doc was right. Still, I'm convinced that the left side should have more removed considering I have 20 years experience with these two nips and he's had less than 3 minutes examining them (at least while I was awake). ha ha but seriously... I hope I'm wrong and hope I'm not coming off as a prick, pretentious with no credentials.

my other concern is this: imagine the fabric of a tent, when you set it up, it is a dome. when you flatten it out, it'll be flat but there should be excess fabric no? since it was previously stretched out to cover more volume. I'm imagining a nipple would be the same. the doc said it should shrink but I don't get how that would work biologically. I feel the areola would be flat but wavy in the center.

thanks for the responses so far by the way and am looking forward to hopefully a doctor's response or someone with similar experience but all are welcome

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
Fortunately for all of us breathing human beings, our skin is not like tent canvas.  We have elastin fibers in our skin that allow it to contract to a new shape after surgery, whether it be gyne surgery or rhinoplasty, or whatever.  So don't worry about your skin.

Secondly, you are only one day after surgery and you really seem to be overthinking what he told you.  Try to relax and let your body heal.  Keep your follow up appointments as scheduled and be sure to talk over any concerns that you have with your doctor.  Patients can drive themselves crazy worrying about a result after surgery; let your surgeon worry about that - it's his job.

Hope this helps you- 

Dr. Pope, MD
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Whole heartedly agree with Dr. Pope.  You are setting yourself up for second guessing, etc.

If you trusted your surgeon to begin with, then trust him to have done the best job possible.  You are very early in the healing phase -- it will take many months to see the final result.  In the meantime, relax and don't micro-scrutinize your results, for they will be changing virtually on a daily basis.  You will only get gray hair -- and it will not affect the results of the surgery in any case.

And don't worry about the skin tightening -- it does.  Think of women who are just about to give birth.  Their abdomens are out to here!  And where did that skin go on the day after they have delivered?  Most of it tightened -- just like letting air out of a balloon.  Your skin will do the same.

Dr Jacobs

« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 07:34:20 AM by Dr. Elliot Jacobs »
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline theta

• Posting Member
Thank you Doctors Pope and Jacobs... both such quick and reassuring responses... you two are invaluable to this community!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024