Author Topic: How Long After Surgery Can you Drink and Play Sports  (Read 9965 times)

Offline 90405

• Posting Member
I am a fairly active and social individial and I am curious how long after the procedure you can go out drinking or play sports like Footbal and Basketball?

Also how long after the procedure do you feel comfortable taking off your shirt without people noticing that you had surgery?

thanks,

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
sports would be a good month to month and a half at least, depending on how physical it is, but you'll want to ask your ps, who will know your case best.  the shirt off depends on your sensitivity, bruising might be gone in a week or two if it's not severe, scars will diminish and at an areolar edge might be months to a year before they're not that noticeable.  drinking is another one for the doc, only speculation from me, but you don't want to do anything heavy so as to let the healing process do its thing, moderate might be ok in a few days, but get a ps's opinion. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
My usual regimen is 3-4 days to return to sedentary (ie desk) work; 3-4 weeks before strenuous physical activities; 3-6 months before everything is totally healed (inside and outside).  Of course, everyone heals differently -- there are too many individual factors to consider.  Would avoid contact sports (ie football, martial arts, etc for at least two months)

Best to consult with your surgeon, who is familiar with what his surgery entailed and and who can observe and comment on how you are healing.

As for drinking alcohol -- it is probably OK to have a beer or a drink within 3 days or so of surgery.  Of course, not to excess.

Dr Jacobs

Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024