Author Topic: this has worked for me. What a relief!  (Read 2718 times)

Offline phm

• Bronze Member
Howdy men.  I am sixty years old and live a very active life style. I have been married to the most wonderful person that has ever walked this earth for thirty five years.  I could talk to her about everything with the exception of my ever increasing chest size.  Go figure.  How many are shaking your head in agreement? I worried myself sick wondering how I could talk to my wife about my concerns.  Finally three weeks ago while at my doctors office, a female doctor came into the examination room and told me word for word what most of us with gynecomastia have suffered through since our teens.  This woman knew what see was doing.  She suggested I open up with my wife and get all this out in the open.  I don't mind telling you I was scared to death when I opened up to my wife but I gotta tell ya guys, it worked and your wife or girl friend gets it!  I feel the weight of the world is off my back.  Its a whole new world! I hope my experience will help some of you guys who just don't know what too do.  Good Luck Guys     

hammer

Yes, it is great to (pardon the pun) get it off your chest!

Congrats I couldn't be happier for you!

Bob aka Hammer

Offline phm

• Bronze Member
Thanks Hammer.  Just hope someone else out there can have the same experience.  Its like a breath of fresh air.

Offline shaknbake

• Gold Member
This is almost the exact same thing I went through (except the doctor part).  My wife and I have been together now for 12 years, and I could never pluck up the courage to bring up the subject.  The thought of speaking openly about it really bothered me, even though I knew my wife would listen and understand.  It's hard to describe, but silence is almost a security blanket.  But one night while laying in bed, we talked and I spilled everything.  She listened to every word.  When I mentioned that I would like to have surgery, she was totally behind my decision.  If it would make me feel better about myself, then she was all for it.  You are right about taking the weight of the world off your shoulders, that's for sure!  I'm now 10 days post op, and my wife (and daughter!) both help me out greatly to make sure I'm comfortable, and don't over do anything.  Life is good!!
Shakenbake baby, SHAKE N BAKE!!  Ya, that just happened.

Offline phm

• Bronze Member

Offline phm

• Bronze Member
Just a update from my first post.  The gynecomastia was really working on me.  It took up most of my thoughts.  About two weeks since I spoke to my wife about the problem and now I hardly think about it.  I ain't no big deal anymore. 

Again, its worked for me.  What a relief.  And to think I have lived with this crap since my teens.  By the way, its got nothing to do with being a man.

Offline art

• Posting Member
Just a update from my first post.  The gynecomastia was really working on me.  It took up most of my thoughts.  About two weeks since I spoke to my wife about the problem and now I hardly think about it.  I ain't no big deal anymore. 

Again, its worked for me.  What a relief.  And to think I have lived with this crap since my teens.  By the way, its got nothing to do with being a man.

I'm not married, and was actually between girlfriends when I had my surgery.  I had the same reservations you had when talking to my parents about it.  They were very understanding, and completely supportive.  As men who have suffered through this, I think the best thing we can do is talk about it, and erase the taboo.

I had my surgery in December.  I've decided that when warm weather comes, if any of my friends asks where my "moobs" went, I'm going to tell them the truth, tell them about the surgery, and let them know the hell that is living with gyne.  Since I had it taken care of surgically, the topic doesn't embarrass me anymore.  I'd rather it be a topic that can be openly discussed so others can seek surgery if they want it, and not feel funny or guilty about doing so.

hammer

Good for you! An e-mail to the Dr. Oz show to do a segment on gynecomastia would help all of us as well if we can get them to do it! You can find the info in "Dr. Oz letters" or "Wouldn't it be nice" in gynecomastic talk.

I am glad that you now feel free!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 07:14:29 PM by hammer »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024