Author Topic: Just received surgery, unpleasant surprise  (Read 1483 times)

Offline badge225

Hi, I just received what the surgery center called "bilateral gynecomastia" surgery this past Thursday. When I woke up however, I was faced with the unpleasant surprise that my surgeon only performed liposuction and did not address gland/scar tissue behind my nipples. This makes me furious. During the pre-op visit I explained to him that I can feel the gland behind the nipples (hard and clearly distinguishable from fat) and that in the past this tissue has become inflamed, which caused itching in the nipple area. I paid $4100 for the surgery, and I can already tell that the hard, fibrous tissue is still there. What can I do about this? I've heard the forms you sign make it really hard to sue, but this is just garbage. Does anyone have any advice? I'm sitting here trying to recover, but I'm just pissed off that I might be suffering this pain for naught...

Offline GodWasAngry

• Silver Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1! And it loves me!
hey man, you know I had surgery about 3 weeks ago and i think i'm dealing with the same thing, when i talked to the PS he said that he did remove the gland but i hardly doubt it. anyway i'll have to wait it out, but i have been thinking about what to tell him if it doesn't go away:
lets say you order a meal in mcdonalds and pay a full price and u only get a burger, i hardly doubt u need to pay more because they forgot the coke and fries..

i say you go around when you talk to him and make him say what you want him to say like "didn't take out the gland even though you told me to" before you lash out on him, then i think it'll be easier to sue/refund/free second op

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024