Author Topic: Decided to try a bra  (Read 3300 times)

Offline Newby

• Posting Member
Hey guys.  So after readying some of your posts I decided to try a bra for myself.  

I think it fits really well. I started with a 40C minimizer.  I believe it does a good job at minimizing, and it actually feels really nice!

I’ll try it for a few days to see if I’ll buy more. 

Tell me what you think. 

Offline Johndoe1

Looks like it fits you. Wear it well and welcome to the club. Good luck!
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline 42CSurprise!

I'm actually wearing that same brassiere as I sit here writing.  I wore it while shopping this afternoon, something I don't regularly do.  But I am a bit mesmerized by my breasts at the moment and wearing a brassiere definitely adds to the delight.  This is the Lilyette by Bali Women's Plunge Into Comfort Keyhole Minimizer Bra that can be found on Amazon and E-Bay, where, at the moment, it can be bought for under $14.  Considering how well made the brassiere is that price is a steal.  And as you say... it feels nice.  The material in the cups feels like silk.  Welcome to the club!

Offline Dale Warnio

• Silver Member
That bra looks good on you.  And you look better in a bra as opposed to your prior pics bare breasted.  How do your tops look with that bra?  I can see your nipples showing a bit through your bra, so be careful with thinner, light colored tops, or you might nip out.  Consider a bra that is lined or padded or molded cups or maybe wear nipple petals; the silicone gel kind are best, in my view.

Does the support feel good?  I see you got an underwire, which in my opinion, gives more support and better shaping.  You said it is a minimizer, so your bra is spreading your breast tissue more across your bust, as opposed to pushing it more out.

You said your bra is a C cup.  That is about average for women and bigger than most men, even those with breasts, and way too big to go braless, for modesty and comfort.

What brand is your bra?  Did you go in, get fitted, peruse the bra selection, and try on?  How much the the sales associate help you?  What did she say and do and how did that go?

Offline 42CSurprise!

I've concluded Dale that the term "minimizer" means ONLY that the brassiere doesn't have padding.  The two such brassieres I regularly use do a fine job of gathering all the tissue that constitutes breasts and shaping it quite attractively.  What they don't do is provide an extra layer that hides the nipples.  I don't believe a minimizer makes breasts smaller.  I wouldn't dream of wearing a padded brassiere, but that is me.

Offline Newby

• Posting Member
Just catching up with all your comments.  

I really like the support I get, and it flattens my chest quit well.  Goes almost completely unnoticed under my shirts, with the exception of the hardware in the back. 

This is the Lilyette by Bali Women's Plunge Into Comfort Keyhole as 42CSurprise! stated. 

I ordered this off Amazon using my own measurements.  With next day shipping it came really quick. 

I considered going into a store to be fitted but I think I had all the information I needed. 

I’ll find a few more bras to try... some with a little more padding to help hide  my nipples.  

Thanks for your help and comments.

Offline Dale Warnio

• Silver Member
Newby, please tell us all about how your bra fitting at Soma went.

Offline Bosh808

• Posting Member
I highly recommend trying a lightly lined t-shirt bra. Those are good all around bra for support and undetectable besides the adjusters or if your wearing a light colored shirt. Also consider buying a few different brands. Some works really well and some will be ill fitting. 
The bra that your wearing on the picture looks well fitted and probably feels nice and snug and if you do end up getting a padded bra your going to see the comfort level go up.

Offline Newby

• Posting Member
Bosh808, thank you for your comments.  

I picked up a few Warner t shirt bras and they are very comfortable.  The biggest difference for me is that they don’t minimize my breasts, so they are a little more noticeable.

Offline Johndoe1

After wearing a bra for a while, it won't matter if they show or not. For me, comfort trumps appearance. I can always down play the appearance with clothes.

Offline taxmapper

After wearing a bra for a while, it won't matter if they show or not. For me, comfort trumps appearance. I can always down play the appearance with clothes.

i am still quite small.  But the discomfort and sometimes pain of NOT wearing a bra is greatly overriding any apprehension. 
I am now pushing the upper limits of a b cup and they are starting to show even more prominently than they did before. 

There is no hiding them for me, and i long ago decided to not worry about if someone thinks I am wearing abra or not. given modern society's attitudes that are melting away those concepts, good, bad or indifferent, its now a regular part of my life. 

Offline Johndoe1

At 36DDD there's no hiding mine either. But you can do things that will not draw attention to them. I don't wear anything that says look at my boobs, but I don't wear clothes that don't fit either. Clothing that doesn't fit will draw attention just as quickly as a very form fitting top. Loosely fitting works just fine for me. You B cup size guys, have it made.

Offline Bosh808

• Posting Member
Bosh808, thank you for your comments. 

I picked up a few Warner t shirt bras and they are very comfortable.  The biggest difference for me is that they don’t minimize my breasts, so they are a little more noticeable.
I had that fear when I first started wearing padded bras in public but you'll quickly get used to it and realize that nobody nobody notices. I can wear a regular t shirt nowadays without cares in the world because at the end of the day, its yourself that has to be comfortable. I personally feel the thin padded cups is the best, and feels the most comfortable. 
BTW Target's store brand t-shirt bras is a high rating for comfort and quality.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
I used to be afraid of “padded” bras too being a 40 DD, but found the “padding” is really not that much, maybe a 1/16th of an inch. They’re great for obscuring the nips and help hold the girls in place much better. Definitely the go to in the cooler months, during the summer I can definitely see going back to unlined .

Offline mgr

• Bronze Member
I too find myself gravitating to padded bras in the winter.  They are more comfortable for me, but project a bit too much in the summer. Even 1/8" of padding seems to magnify my projection. I know it is in my mind, but it is my comfort.  In the winter...padded bras and flannel shirts.  In the summer it is button down short sleeve shirt with patterns for me.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024