Author Topic: decided to get a revision  (Read 2554 times)

Offline flex1appeal

Ok, let me start by stating that I am about %80 happy with my first surgery. Meaning, I look %80 better than before my surgery IMO. I still have a bit of fat/gland making me look puffy on both sides. Moreso on my right. I told my doc that I want to go ahead and get a revision done this time removing all the gland and any remaining fat he can get out. He again warned me about how my nipples can concave if we do this. But I'd rather have nipples that concave than puff out. So, I scheduled my revision for end of november. It'll be 6 months just about since my last surgery by that time. He asked me to wait at least that long so that any remaining scar tissue can disappear more which will make his disection easier the second time. He is doing it for free. However, I have to pay for facility costs and anesthesia again. It's gonna run me $1100. Could be worse. If I had to pay him as well I'd be looking at another $2600 ontop.

flex

Offline ghostrider

• Bronze Member
  • surgery done 05/09/06
good on you flex...

i am nearly 4 weeks post op and unhappy with puffy nipple situation also.....so if no different nearing 6 months will be following the same route as you and getting a revision for total gland removal with risk of concaved nipples....its like you say rather have inys than outys..haha....just want to be able to wear my fitted tshirts again and know without any gland and slight indentations it will look a lot more flush to my chest when wearing my fitted tops if you know what i mean.....keep us posted of your progress following your revision..all the best mate. :D

Offline flex1appeal

Yeah, inys all the way bro. It won't be noticeable wearing fitted shirts like you pointed out. And there is a chance it won't concave as the doctor stated. But then again, it may. Chance I am willing to take. And I doubt it would ever return with 0 gland remaining. I'll keep you posted after the surgery in november. The revision is fairly cheap so no worries there.

Offline rocketrob

• Silver Member
  • GYNO IS A BIATCH!
Its odd that he is changing you at all !!

I am going for my 2nd revision, so I will have been in 3 times after Oct 23.. My PS should have done an extraction but did not - My cost for the revision is $0

Your PS should't be charging you 1 cent for a revision. I believe most 1st surgeries for lipo are followed up by at least 1 revision.

Anyone agree?  GOOD LUCK

Offline rocketrob

• Silver Member
  • GYNO IS A BIATCH!
Well that is just stinking garbage!

Offline flex1appeal

It all depends on what facilities are being used and where the facilities are and who owns them. In this case, it's in a hospital and the facilities are shared by numerous surgeons who split days they get to use the facilities. The charge for the revision is not a charge from the surgeon. It is a charge to use the facilities for the surgery each time. So, he isn't going to absorb the cost. I wouldn't expect him to. He isn't making a dime off the revision itself. He is not charging me anything himself.

I was told all this up front when I got my first surgery. He explained to me he would not charge me again for any revisions I need. But the facilities he uses charge each time. He doesn't own his own surgical facility. If he did, he wouldn't charge me.

flex

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
Good job Flex - Most guys I read about who aren't happy with their results spend the rest of their days depressed and to afraid (I'm struggling for the right word) to confront their PS and demand a revision.

I respect your decision to talk to your PS.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 09:11:50 PM by jc71 »

Offline flex1appeal

Good job Flex - Most guys I read about who aren't happy with their results spend the rest of their days depressed and to afraid (I'm struggling for the right word) to confront their PS and demand a revision.

I respect your decision to talk to your PS.

Hell, I've never been depressed about my situation. It was self inflicted anyhow. Embarrassed to some degree, yes. When it comes to paying as much money as we do for correcting the problem, you are damn right I'll confront the PS. Besides, my PS is very cool. He has no problems listening to me and doing as I ask. He realizes his place in the chain. Meaning, he works for me and not the other way around. He said he'll do revisions as long as it takes to make me happy. He won't ever charge me a surgeon fee again. I'd say that is pretty fair though some here would disagree.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024