Author Topic: How do you know that you're choosing the right surgeon?  (Read 2847 times)

Offline CodySockeye

• Silver Member
  • i-raq
I ask because I'm having a consult with a PS in West Palm, and I read a review about him that made me worry a bit. How do you know when you are choosing the right surgeon, and what would you consider "good" credentials? I.E. How many surgeries should a surgeon perform each year to be considered enough, and stuff like that.

Sorry, I'm kind of freaking out. I've been wanting to get surgery for a long time now and now that I scheduled a consultation, fears are arising.

Advice?

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
Look for a surgeon certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery.  That means that surgeon has trained specifically in Plastic Surgery and has passed rigorous written and oral exams.

The American Board of Plastic Surgery is a member of The American Board of Medical Specialties.  Not all "boards" out there are.

Look for the symbol that looks like a broken circle, or two half circles.  Only surgeons certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery can display that symbol.  See www.plasticsurgery.org

Dr. Pope, M.D.
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
How many surgeries should a surgeon perform each year to be considered enough.

150+ a year...

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024