Author Topic: Could my wife's pregnancy cause temporary Gynecomastia??  (Read 7966 times)

Offline refu_gee

• Posting Member
matthew1; why do the glands increase in count and size when men gain weight and grow man-boobs? plus, does every father hang out at the pub and sit on the couch with the wifey? there are many more variables involved than meets the eye.

i didn't have a wifey with baby, i never was obese....my boobies grew, fortunately stopped but left me feeling like crap in this society.

so the argument is based on scientifically determining if: A) environmental variables influence breast grow in males, B) nutritional habits of the new father influence weight/breast gain

Offline dannyhood

Don't be so silly you numpty!

My, what an intelligent and well considered response. 

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I thoroughly agree with the value of scientific research, But the collection of anecdotal evidence does not meet the criteria for objective scientific research.

I have no doubt that there are true cases wherein men have had sufficient breast glandular tissue and the right mix of hormones needed to lactate. Such events are rare and probably the story gets retold many times.

The liklihood of this happening is probably much less than one in a million.

I wonder how many of these stories got started with a real event concerning a man with a pituitary tumor.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024