Author Topic: Post Surgery Difficulties- internal bleeding  (Read 5691 times)

Offline argyll

• new to site, same old problem
I just want to let everyone know my surgery was on Feb.16. Everything went well as far as the lipo and extraction (huge gyno on the right side 122 grams or 1/4 pound, the left side was half of that) No bleeding no surgery problems.
I had a difficult time when they tried to wake me.  Due to the fact that I had not eaten and was very nauseous I started vomiting very heavily. This caused internal bleeding on my left side ( I guess that was the side I was clenching on) Blood pressure dropped and I had to stay overnight. They released the pressure with a small drain. This relieved the pain on the left side and swelling. The next day Dr. Fielding came to my room to take a look and said all was fine, he released me right then.
The staff at St. Joes are great. Even O.R. nurses came down later that day to check on me. :)
Anyone looking into surgey my advice is to have it done at a hospital like St. Joes. Just in case something happens you know you are in good care. ;)
Surgery Date Feb 16, 2005
Time 8:00 am

Offline 3timer

• Posting Member
  • Your gonna cut what off?
Congradulations on the surgery! Sorry to hear that you had some complications. Hope all is well now. I agree that St. Joes is a very top class facility with great support staff. I fely very comfortable while in their care. I had to stay overnight as well due to the fact that I was out of town and they did not want me to be alone for 24 hrs. I am now 16 days post op and healing more every day. Don't expect to get instant results as I did or you may be dissappointed. I have since decided to be patient and wait for at least a month strong to acess my progress. I have learned from others on this site that it is common to wait around 3 months to get rid of the swelling. Come on May!!!!!!!!

All the best.........................3timer

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Congrats on your surgery!  :)

Sorry to hear that you did not feel well Post-Op.  :-/

I had surgery on the 16th as well, just after you at 11:30am. Not sure how much JCF took out as he did not speak with me Post-Op. I have some bruising and swelling and some discomfort. Other than that though, I feel fine.  :D

I agree with you and 3timer, the staff at St. Josephs are great! I thought that the pre-heated blankets were a nice touch as I felt very cold in the recovery room.

All the best with your recovery in the months ahead. Bring on summer eh.....
:D ;D :D
« Last Edit: February 19, 2005, 07:05:45 AM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024