Author Topic: swelling after surgery?  (Read 4447 times)

Offline boxingboobs

• Posting Member
I had surgery about 14 Days ago. My chest got smaller and it looks somewhat more masculine, but im definitely not 100% satisfied. my nipples still look puffy I had lypo/incision done. my doctor tells me that my chest seems that way because of the inflammation..that after a month i  should see 90% of the final result and the last 10% in the following months..but idk doesnt seem like my chest is swollen......anyway ho long did it take you guys before the swelling went down completely ?

Offline xelnaga13

My first surgery resulted in massive swelling on both sides. I went from having mild gyno, to having c-cups. I would say the swelling wasn't bad the first week, the second week got worse, the 3rd week was as bad as it got, and by week 4 it started to subside. By week 6-8 I was back to normal.

My advise would be to occupy your thoughts with something other than your results for now. If you had gland/lipo you will most likely be thrilled with your results.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Lipo is a highly invasive procedure. Swelling such as you described would be common, so would some moderate to severe bruising. Two weeks is way to early to be looking for final results. Two months may even be a bit early depending on how you heal. 
Grandpa Dan

Offline boxingboobs

• Posting Member
My first surgery resulted in massive swelling on both sides. I went from having mild gyno, to having c-cups. I would say the swelling wasn't bad the first week, the second week got worse, the 3rd week was as bad as it got, and by week 4 it started to subside. By week 6-8 I was back to normal.

My advise would be to occupy your thoughts with something other than your results for now. If you had gland/lipo you will most likely be thrilled with your results.

So it took 6 to 8 week for your swelling to come down? Im just depressed right now because this is not the results i was expecting, but like you guys say it might be too early to see results. I just pray to god that everything gets better, because I went thru hell and back to get the money for my surgery. so massaging my chest will help bring the swelling down?

Offline xelnaga13

You should NOT be massaging or touching your chest. Leave your chest alone and let it heal. Massaging and touching at this early stage can only result in more scar tissue, inflammation, and swelling.

If you are depressed it's because your expectation were unrealistic.

Offline boxingboobs

• Posting Member
How was I having unrealistic expectations? I had/have mild gynecomastia and this surgery didnt really change anything on my chest so far..and even if i had severe gyne a surgery is suppose to make your chest somewhat more flat not give me a defined muscular model like chest! all im saying is before the surgery i went in with gyne and came out with the same amount of gyne..I was expecting less gyne..how is that unrealistic expectation!?

Offline xelnaga13

How was I having unrealistic expectations? I had/have mild gynecomastia and this surgery didnt really change anything on my chest so far..and even if i had severe gyne a surgery is suppose to make your chest somewhat more flat not give me a defined muscular model like chest! all im saying is before the surgery i went in with gyne and came out with the same amount of gyne..I was expecting less gyne..how is that unrealistic expectation!?

Your expectation that you will have final results 14 days after plastic surgery is unrealistic.

Offline mrnomoobs

• Posting Member
I am heading into my 4th week and I defiantly have swelling going on.  Some days it seems like it goes down, other days it seems to swell up pretty good.  Stop stressing.  I heard olive oil is good to have to reduce swelling.  I take Tylenol to reduce it.

Offline boxingboobs

• Posting Member
I am heading into my 4th week and I defiantly have swelling going on.  Some days it seems like it goes down, other days it seems to swell up pretty good.  Stop stressing.  I heard olive oil is good to have to reduce swelling.  I take Tylenol to reduce it.

Is the swelling mostly on the top part of you chest and sides?? or is the swelling on your nipples making them look puffy if any?..My nipples look puffy right now im just afraid that its not because of the swelling :/ which to be honest my nipples dont feel swollen but then again they might be ..im just praying for the best at this point

Offline wbw0124

• Posting Member
Leggings is to prevent exposed, cultivate one's morality and design pants, because length and different materials and divides a lot of kinds, can and dress dress different collocation. Because anti exposed, cultivate one's morality, so not only wear position is backing, the in the mind also compare the bottom.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024