Author Topic: post op concerns  (Read 2067 times)

Offline ilbbc

• Posting Member
i am a 47 year old white male who is considering having the procedure done. how soon after the operation that you are able to go shirtless without people knowing that you ahd the procedure done? are there lots of bruises,etc.?

Offline rob_m

• Bronze Member
hi there,
I just had the operation yesterday, I have to wear a compression vest under my shirt for 4 weeks(unnoticeable), but i am not sure when any and all signs will be gone, as far as bruising, i don't have any what-so-ever, no swelling and only minor discomfort i can only describe as what it feels like after lifting weights with my chest(the soreness that follows a good work out)

if you are interested, i have a thread in "surgery experiences" entitled "just returned from surgery", that explains how my day went from start to finish.

hope this helps, and good luck to you

rob
1 year post op, it's going to be a good summer

Offline ilbbc

• Posting Member
thanks for the info. i have an appointment for consultation with Dr. Silverman on 7/11/05. by the way, what is the total cost?

Offline rob_m

• Bronze Member
I also went to Dr. Silverman, and as luck would have it, i will be there at 3:30 on the 11th in the newton office.

the total was 5300

I think you'll enjoy meeting with him, I got the imediate impression that he really cares about his patients concerns.

just a suggestion, if you do schedule the surgery, i would recomend having it done at umass(hahnemann campus)

rob

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
By about week 3 most of the bruising and yellow tinge on my skin was gone.  My incisions were made under my armpits so I don't have to worry about people seeing scars.  
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024