Author Topic: Really Want to Lose Weight  (Read 4093 times)

Offline hi_desert_brat

• Posting Member
    • Gyne: Before & After
I had my gyne surgery on April 11th of this year, and am hopefully on the road to a shirtless summer.

http://wyates.tripod.com/gyne

Though my chest appears to be healing nicely, I need to lose at least 30 lbs to "complete the package."  I realize that I can't have an awesome chest with my current weight as it is.  

Here's a brief history of my weight...  About 2 years ago, I topped the scales at 240 lbs, and I am only 5'7".  I've historically had weight problems. Even with the weight, I knew that my chest still didn't fit with my body.   I finally made up my mind to lose some weight and get fit before going to see a plastic surgeon.  So I went on a low carb diet (the only one in which I didn't feel hungry and that seemed to work) and lost 50 lbs, bringing my weight down to 190 lbs, where it remains today.  Also during that time, I was going to the gym 4-5 days week, doing both cardio and lifting weights.  Though I am much more active and stronger now, I cannnot seem to drop those remaining pounds.  For as much as I do at the gym and how careful I am about eating, you'd think I'd have a better body.  It really seems like my body wants to be fat  >:(  Someone suggested that I go to my doctor and get my thyroid checked because perhaps my metabolism is out of whack.  I will check that out.  I am definitely open to any suggestions.  Thanks!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
brat....

Try an Ephedrine/Caffine stack.

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline nope1

• Gold Member
yep, buy ephedrine pills and caffeine pills...once you have em, come back on here and I will explain the doses to take...combining these 2 things automatically increases your heartheart, hence, your metabolism is increased.  You will burn fat even when your not exercising...you will burn fat literally all day.

I suggest doing 40 minutes of cardio, 3 days a week.  And 2 days a week do weights.

Do this for at least 3 months...do yourself the 2nd biggest favour you've ever done for yourself, and stick with it for 3 months, and I promise you will lose MORE than 30 lbs.

You HAVE to be sure to eat low fat tho, this is just as important as the exercising.  But there is way too much info for me to explain to you what to eat.  Look into eating a healthy, low fat diet, that works for you, that you can live with...remember it's only for 3 months...after that you can cheat a little.

Also don't forget, you're 6 weeks post op...which is the WORST time for swelling...your chest will look better on it's own just by healing natually.

Good luck
« Last Edit: June 16, 2005, 05:31:46 PM by nope1 »

Offline djillusive

• Posting Member
I suggest doing what others have told you, check out your thyroid.  Get a blood test and have your doctor check for your t4 count.  It should be around 8-12, if it is below that, your t4 count is too low and it could be the reason why your metabolism is slow.  If your t4 count is low, your doctor will give you medication to help you, however, you do not want to be on medication for the rest of the life, so ask your doctor how you can fix your thryoid with a diet.  

Offline N2BB

I had my gyne surgery on April 11th of this year, and am hopefully on the road to a shirtless summer.

http://wyates.tripod.com/gyne

Though my chest appears to be healing nicely, I need to lose at least 30 lbs to "complete the package."  I realize that I can't have an awesome chest with my current weight as it is.  

Here's a brief history of my weight...  About 2 years ago, I topped the scales at 240 lbs, and I am only 5'7".  I've historically had weight problems. Even with the weight, I knew that my chest still didn't fit with my body.   I finally made up my mind to lose some weight and get fit before going to see a plastic surgeon.  So I went on a low carb diet (the only one in which I didn't feel hungry and that seemed to work) and lost 50 lbs, bringing my weight down to 190 lbs, where it remains today.  Also during that time, I was going to the gym 4-5 days week, doing both cardio and lifting weights.  Though I am much more active and stronger now, I cannnot seem to drop those remaining pounds.  For as much as I do at the gym and how careful I am about eating, you'd think I'd have a better body.  It really seems like my body wants to be fat  >:(  Someone suggested that I go to my doctor and get my thyroid checked because perhaps my metabolism is out of whack.  I will check that out.  I am definitely open to any suggestions.  Thanks!

The body holds a lot of water weight.. People can become confused with the water retention their body exhibits! One of the BEST weight loss methods is to perform cardio first thing in the morning on an empty stomach for 40-50 min at 70%  of your target heart rate!

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
hey brat, I'll disagree about the ephedrine/caffeine thing. I did the ECA (ephedrine/caffeine/asprin) thing for years and developed an anxiety disorder from the extreme stimulation of the nervous system. 5 years later with no Ephedrine (I still use caffeine by itself) and it still lingers a bit.

I think that by hard work in the gym AND in the kitchen you should be able to drop the weight.

A thing to remember... great bodies are not made in the gym, they are made in the KITCHEN.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024