Author Topic: Op on wednesday....getting real worried...  (Read 2899 times)

Offline Yorkshireman

• Silver Member
Got my on wed, Im getting very anxious now,up until now Ive been fine, but now that its imminent Im getting all these worries going through my mind....

Im doing a solo mission so this is also beginning to worry me......unfamiliar city/place, on my own, in a post op state...will I be able to manage...and if I wont...what will I do...oo errr......Im not a nervous person at all, but I think this may be one of the toughest things I will have ever done...after this, if I get through I will know what I am made of!

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
You will not be on your own. Levick and his staff will take good care of you. Just keep in mind exactly what you're getting out of this whole thing: a flat chest.
etc.

Offline RRB

• Gold Member
  • I am here to help
Hey mate, your still going to worry even when i say dont worry, but dont worry :)  You will be fine, everyone else lately has managed to come through this including a couple of us who went solo, what makes you think you wont  ;D.

Be positive and think of the benefits of post op life, they definately do outweigh the minor inconveniences of the pre op nerves and post op minimal discomfort.  Remember also when you get taken down to surgery room its only gonna be a couple of minutes until you are asleep and then you wont know nothing until you wake up.

I agree its a tough thing to do but so is living with gyne. You will be fine mate, good luck
Surgery performed by Mr Paul Levick, 17/02/05. I am here to help.

Offline serg

• Silver Member
Hi mate, I found keeping myself busy they best way to deal with the pre op nerves. IMy op was on a Monday so I spent the weekend before in Oxford with old Uni mates catching up.  The only worry I had there was being there with them back in Oxford and not being able to drink  ;)

All the best with yours mate. It'll be a breeze.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2005, 03:21:09 AM by serg »

Offline Yorkshireman

• Silver Member
Cheers for the reassurance guys, its much appreciated....not to mention needed!

I think by reading all the diaries I am expecting a pretty traumatic time, but Im praying that it will all go smoothly, and this time next week I will be back home , having said bye bye to gyne...just the thought of summer is enough to make it worthwhile!

Offline IT100

• Gold Member
  • Gyne Removed by Levick 17/03/04

Don't worry too much Yorkshireman!

I almost enjoyed the whole experience... there was only really an hour after waking up that wasn't great, but even thats ok. You know why you feel so groggy and disorientated but just can't do anything about it!

All will be ok, I promise.

Ian

Offline oxman2k

• Posting Member
got my op with levick thusday also getting nervous.hope everything goes ok for both of us

Offline Chorlton

• Silver Member
  • Gyne removed by Mr Levick 2nd Feb 05
    • Before and After Surgery Pics
Good luck Yorkshire man.  You will be fine

Chorlton

Offline Yorkshireman

• Silver Member
Cheers guys.....Chorlton, I hope my results are as superb as yours...can you do us a 'life post gyne post' just to motivate those who havnt taken the step yet...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024