Author Topic: I NEED ADVICE  (Read 2431 times)

Offline DIEGO

• Posting Member
This is my first post on this board, I've been reading it for a couple of months.  I'm 20 years old and have had gyno since I was about 12.  It's not a terrible case, but it's bad enough where it still really bothers me and I have to make my nipples cold before I take my shirt off, which gets really annoying.  I actually had a consultation to get the surgery done a couple months ago and was set to do it.  However, after reading a lot of posts recently about people who aren't happy with their results because of swelling, concave or sunken nipples, etc.  i'm having second thoughts.  I really won't to do it, I'm just afraid of not liking the results.  I would appreciate any advice.  Thank you.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Some surgeons have a higher success rate than others. The reasons for this may include many different factors, but might include such things as making sure the patient is well informed and has a realistic expectation as to the results of surgery.  If the surgeon is sure before time that his patients have completed a good work-up by an Endocrinologist there will likewise be little chance of regrowth.

It must also be kept in mind that this kind of surgery has been available for only a short time.  As little as twenty years ago it would have been rare,  when I was a young man it was unheard of.

While the majority of men frequenting this site are looking for surgery, there are many more who simply get on with their lives and adapt as needed to live with gynecomastia.  

Compression vests can be an effective means of concealment for many people,  but I found them uncomfortable and expensive. Many more make do with ordinary items of clothing.  You might experiment with a tight undershirt and a somewhat looser outer shirt.  That combination worked well for me.

We live in a time when people have an almost obsessive urge to match some kind of artificial model of what they percieve as an ideal body type.  Thus, breast reduction for men and breast enlargement for women are among the most common of surgical procedures.  I suspect that most of these procedures are performed on people who are well within the range of normal prior to surgery.

As to the number of people who are reporting surgical outcomes that are less than satisfactory,  It is pretty much what you would expect.  Given the fact that those who had a successful surgery often lose interest in this site and are no longer communicating here.

The main issue boils down not to how others see you, but to how you see yourself. A good self image is your most important asset.

What is going on between your ears is much more important than a bit of surplus tissue on your chest.

Good Luck!
Grandpa Dan

Offline Hypo-is-here

Great post Paw Paw.

I think how others see you is a factor in very significant gynecomastia but other than that a round of applause is in order.

Diego- this guy has basically told you the way it is- you can't help but have a better perspective after a post like that.

Good luck I hope you deal/live with this in the way that is appropriate for you.

Offline bignipCT

• Bronze Member
 However, after reading a lot of posts recently about people who aren't happy with their results because of swelling, concave or sunken nipples, etc.  i'm having second thoughts.  I really won't to do it, I'm just afraid of not liking the results.

you are not alone

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
My thanks to Hypo for the correction.

Obviously the way we are percieved by others is very important to us;  But the way we see ourselves is considerably more important.  

The way we are seen has a lot to do with our attitude.  My wife has several disfiguring scars resulting from a tumor that covered much of her face at the time of her birth.  The surgeries and radiation treatments left a lot of scars as well.  She presented herself as confidant and self assurred, Her attitude was so great that I scarcely noticed the scars. Now, Years later, she is still my beautiful sweetheart.  I know the scars are there, but I simply do not see them.

It has been my blessing to have a bride who is such a great example of how important character truly is.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024