Author Topic: Puffy Post Op  (Read 3156 times)

Offline weavaa

• Posting Member
I'm 27 years old, 6'2", 180lbs, and in shape.  I recently got surgery done about 2 months ago.  My gyno was a mild case and my PS said it would be a really easy fix.  But 2 months after and my right nipple is still puffy.  My left nipple looks way better but it feels like I just blew 3 grand on something that didn't help.   I asked the surgeon about it and he said it should go down a little bit over time.  I have doubts though...  He told me cut the gland as thin as possible without completely removing it.  Which he said would cause a crater.

He told me a week ago that I did not have to wear the compression vest anymore.  But it seems like without my nipple just seems more puffy... Was wondering if I kept wearing the compression vest constantly and use skin firming lotion if that would help??

Offline ZackKahn163

• Posting Member
How are they now are they still puffy? Im having the same problem.

Offline weavaa

• Posting Member
Yep the right one is still puffy... I am actually going to have surgery on the right again next month.   

Offline weavaa

• Posting Member
it seems like he removed all of it that was just around the nipple and there is still some of it left just below the nipple part on my chest so it actually makes it look more puffy... Like there is a little ball right below the nipple.  I know he didn't want to remove all of it because he didn't want the nipple to "die" as he put it. 

So he said the next surgery should be easier now that it is all in a smaller area. He also isn't charging me anything except the hospital fees which are like $500 because he is having to do it again.

But you will definitely have to wait at least 3 to 4 months before doctors will probably even talk about going in for surgery again.  They will want to make sure everything is fully healed and swelling is completely gone.

Offline ZackKahn163

• Posting Member
Thank you, and good luck on your surgery man. And was your chest flat right after surgery? because on some threads i read they say if the chest was flat post op, then it should look like that when it is done with the swelling.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024