Author Topic: Consultation with Dr. Karidis booked for 27th March.  (Read 6277 times)

Offline Bain-of-my-life

• Bronze Member
Consultation with Dr. Karidis booked for 27th March.
Ok so I had planned to get the surgery done in Poland due to financial constraints, however I have come across a bit of cash recently so I have decided to have the surgery done here in the UK and Karidis seemed the obvious choice.

I am looking to get the op done asap because I would really like to be able to wear a god damn t-shirt this summer  ;D , and having asked how long after the consultation the op would be possible I was told 4-6 weeks afterwards although maybe earlier depending on other appointments which would be great! To have everything healed up by my birthday (July 17th) would be one hell of a present  :)!

I have posted these in another post but I thought I would post again because I am going to do this as a diary like thread because other peoples have been very helpful and encouraging to me so I would like to return the favor!

I am going to give posting the pictures a go but I will most likely f*** it up so please bare with me. I am looking to lose a bit of weight before the op as I am still carrying those xmas pounds so hopefully I will be in better shape to ensure the best results!

« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 03:54:09 PM by Bain-of-my-life »

Offline Bain-of-my-life

• Bronze Member
Re: Consultation with Dr. Karidis booked for 27th March.
Pic 2

Offline Bain-of-my-life

• Bronze Member
Pic 3

Offline Bain-of-my-life

• Bronze Member
Pic 4

Offline Bain-of-my-life

• Bronze Member
Pic 5

Offline Bain-of-my-life

• Bronze Member
Pic 6

Offline Bain-of-my-life

• Bronze Member
Sorry about that... could only post one per post as the files were too large. Anyway, im sure you can see that shit aint normal! I am not even nervous about going under the knife, I just want rid of these bastards! I think the best feeling will be during the summer where you can comfortably go outside wearing a t-shirt... heck I even wore coats sometimes during summer! I will keep you guys updated when I have my blood tests etc!

Offline Bain-of-my-life

• Bronze Member
Also I should add... I have inwards nipples... kind of weird but it seems to amplify the gyn and the nipples seem very puffy because of this. When I am cold and the nipples come out, my gyncomastia seems to look much better (Although still clearly present). You can see in some of the close up pictures my nipples are slits instead of a normal protruding shape. Just wondering is this something that the surgery can correct? I will obviously ask at the consultation but it would be interesting to see what people think!

Offline McGilli

• Silver Member
I know looks aren't everything - but you lose those extra pounds before your surgery and you'll be set for the summer. You won't even want a shirt man - you'll be naked from the waist up everywhere you go!

Good luck.

Offline Bain-of-my-life

• Bronze Member
Consultation only 3 days away! Getting excited now!

Offline Bain-of-my-life

• Bronze Member
Just got home from the consultation. It was easy to find the hospital and the staff were very friendly and welcoming. It was a little bit strange being surrounded by middle aged women sitting in a cosmetics surgery waiting room but im prepared to do whatever it takes haha.

Dr. Karidis was very welcoming and friendly and seems to be very confident he can help even though my case is "modest". The cost is around £4300 so it is expensive but you have to pay more for quality and you can see why this guy has such good rep. The pictures he showed me were very impressive and he has been doing this procedure for 20 years.

I have asked to go ahead with the operation asap and he referred me to his assistant who informed me I can go ahead on 25th April which is great news! I will keep you all posted as I need to go out now!

Offline fracker

Just got home from the consultation. It was easy to find the hospital and the staff were very friendly and welcoming. It was a little bit strange being surrounded by middle aged women sitting in a cosmetics surgery waiting room but im prepared to do whatever it takes haha.

Dr. Karidis was very welcoming and friendly and seems to be very confident he can help even though my case is "modest". The cost is around £4300 so it is expensive but you have to pay more for quality and you can see why this guy has such good rep. The pictures he showed me were very impressive and he has been doing this procedure for 20 years.

I have asked to go ahead with the operation asap and he referred me to his assistant who informed me I can go ahead on 25th April which is great news! I will keep you all posted as I need to go out now!

Good luck and all the best. I just had my op with Dr. Karidis yesterday... I'm on the long road to recovery now but so glad the procedure is behind me as I was getting 11th hour nerves. I'm not feeling too bad at the moment. Pain has eased up since yesterday and I'm gaining a touch more mobility. One thing I hadn't read too much about is how painful taking off the post-op dressing is! Definitely harder if you are doing it yourself  as I was. If you have another pair of hands to help that's ideal.

Oh and remember to shave your chest the day before. I'm glad I did as the amount of tape they cover you with would be agony otherwise.

You're in good hands. The nurses kept on telling me Dr. Karidis is the best around. So who am I to argue  :)

Offline gynecomastiauk

• Bronze Member
Good luck with your surgery, I can totally relate to your situation. I was carrying an extra 14lbs prior to surgery, the consultant said not to worry too much about getting it off before the op but I guess every case is different (and there was only a couple of weeks before my first consultation and the operation!)
I am now 10 days post op and cant wait to hit the gym, already lost a few pounds down to healthy eating...bring on the summer!!

I think my web-diary may help with some of your queries, check out my post in user photos; "Surgery March 2013 - Full Before/After Picture Diary"

gynecomastia.org » General » User Photos » Surgery March 2013 - Full Before/After Picture Diary

Best of luck
Stuart

Offline Bain-of-my-life

• Bronze Member
2 days of Gyno and I am in the clear! Buzzing, not even nervous one bit!

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
Congrats man. One of the best things you'll ever do for yourself.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024