Author Topic: Surgery Mr Levick (25/06/14) ONE YEAR UPDATE (including 'gym' pics)  (Read 33686 times)

Offline AchillesUK

• Silver Member
Pictures looking good pal! When I take my binder off for my shower on Thursday I'll take a photo and upload it on here, if you tell me how to get it on here haha!

Sorry, I forgot to answer this part of your post earlier.

I'm using postimage.org

It didnt require me to register or anything and it allows you to upload groups of pictures at a time. To post on here I chose the "Hotlink for Forums (1)" option. You have to delete the full website names from the URLs generated, its a bit of a pain, but I dont know how else to upload pics on here. If you have any problems let me know.

Offline JackY16

• Posting Member
Haha true say dude, I got carried away with what I was eating cause I knew it wouldn't effect my chest, I've ate not very good since surgery, well I've ate alright but just sitting around or 'relaxing' as they say leads me too eating through boredom haha! But yeah sitting around doesn't help!

I'm guessing that the shower means one week after surgery which is tomorrow for you, and Thursday for me, I just can't wait to get this binder off and get in the shower and then get the normal vest on!

Hahaha can imagine its a right pain in the arse for you with driving lmao! Bet you've had to move your seat right forward as well, I'm only 17 so I just can't wait to get back to my driving lessons to be honest but gonna give that a few weeks from now!

I've stopped taking my pain killers today, just been taking my arnicas and antibiotics now. Yeah Im gonna make a useful thread of my own one day cause it takes forever typing on this iPad but yeah dude your ripped anyway and your religion is fascinating as well how you have this fasting season.. You gonna be sending your photo to mr Levick tomorrow? Once again this morning my binder come down and I had a look at my chest and I'm really happy with how it's going:)

Offline AchillesUK

• Silver Member
Haha true say dude, I got carried away with what I was eating cause I knew it wouldn't effect my chest, I've ate not very good since surgery, well I've ate alright but just sitting around or 'relaxing' as they say leads me too eating through boredom haha! But yeah sitting around doesn't help!

I'm guessing that the shower means one week after surgery which is tomorrow for you, and Thursday for me, I just can't wait to get this binder off and get in the shower and then get the normal vest on!

Hahaha can imagine its a right pain in the arse for you with driving lmao! Bet you've had to move your seat right forward as well, I'm only 17 so I just can't wait to get back to my driving lessons to be honest but gonna give that a few weeks from now!

I've stopped taking my pain killers today, just been taking my arnicas and antibiotics now. Yeah Im gonna make a useful thread of my own one day cause it takes forever typing on this iPad but yeah dude your ripped anyway and your religion is fascinating as well how you have this fasting season.. You gonna be sending your photo to mr Levick tomorrow? Once again this morning my binder come down and I had a look at my chest and I'm really happy with how it's going:)

Yeah I sent my pics to Mr Levick yesterday, hopefully will get a reply soon. Great to you hear your chest is already taking good shape! I think mine might take a while longer..

Offline JackY16

• Posting Member
Yeah dude have you been in tHe shower  7days post op? On my overhang in my right hand side of my chest a lump has appeared bit worried:/ and haven't actually seen it with the binder off yet.

Offline AchillesUK

• Silver Member
One week Post Op

So yesterday was one week. I received my 640 vest in the morning and finally had a long shower. More than anything the sellotape bits are difficult to get off!

Anyway, having had a flat chest the day after surgery and having kept the binder garment on 24/7 (even though it was uncomfortable at times), I was quite surprised at the appearance of my chest in the pictures below.

I know recovery is a long process, but I'd be lying if I said I wasnt disappointed with my one week 'progress'. Feels like there is a lot of fluid accumulated behind each nipple, and if anything how I am at the moment is worse than my gynaecomastia at its worst pre-op! There's also some sensitivity/discomfort within each chest side. Weird feeling as I can barely feel anything on the surface of the skin. I wonder if what I have are seromas like a couple of other members have experienced.

Anyway, I just have to stay positive, I know the fat and gland is out and in time the chest will take shape, and at worst there can be some revision processes done. It's only week one and I dont expect any real results until about the 2 month mark.

Offline AchillesUK

• Silver Member
Yeah dude have you been in tHe shower  7days post op? On my overhang in my right hand side of my chest a lump has appeared bit worried:/ and haven't actually seen it with the binder off yet.

Yeah I had my shower and took pics yesterday, just posted now. I dont have lumps as such, but feels like large collections of fluid. Hopefully Mr Levick will get back to both of us, if only if it is for reassurance.

Offline gyne1987

• Posting Member
Hi Achilles,

I was in the Priory the same morning as you, I think you were done an hour or two earlier on the Wednesday.

From what I can see, I think the issue here is fluid. I'm not an expert by any means, but I have just done a visual comparison with the pictures you posted soon after surgery and the ones most recently. I can see from the very first pictures that Dr. Levick did a great job and you were very flat. The lumps I see now can only be fluid - gland cannot grow back and you certainly would not amass that much fat in a week.

I imagine Dr. L will be able to reassure you that it's fluid and will suggest or offer some help.

Offline JackY16

• Posting Member
Yeah I had my first shower and chest is looking flat so far, I've put my vest garmet on and it's so noticeable through my shirt but I won't be going out anytime soon, but I've just sent my email etc, this flipping garmet is so uncomfortable I just feel itchy everywhere!-.-

In my honest opinion dude, you look like your chest have built up fluid in them, which is a pain in the arse, when did this occur? Did you wake up and realise your chest has just gotten bigger? Mr L was telling me a story and this isn't a problem because he can get the fluid out but it's just the faffing about, then again it might be tissue of some sort I'm not an expert but mr L will get back to you and re assure you I'm sure of it! A couple of days ago your chest was looking nice and flat so I don't know wether you've slept funny or anything.

Anyway your in safe hands with mr L so I'm certain you will be fine and it's nothing to serious, but it's not something you can ignore.

Offline AchillesUK

• Silver Member
Hi Achilles,

I was in the Priory the same morning as you, I think you were done an hour or two earlier on the Wednesday.

From what I can see, I think the issue here is fluid. I'm not an expert by any means, but I have just done a visual comparison with the pictures you posted soon after surgery and the ones most recently. I can see from the very first pictures that Dr. Levick did a great job and you were very flat. The lumps I see now can only be fluid - gland cannot grow back and you certainly would not amass that much fat in a week.

I imagine Dr. L will be able to reassure you that it's fluid and will suggest or offer some help.

Hey man, nice to hear from you. Yeah I was first on the list on the 25th, so I guess you must have been Mr Levick's second one that day. How are you doing? How has your first week been?

Yeah, I know my swelling definitely isnt gland or fat (I've been on a completely clean diet since surgery, even at the Priory I had fruit for dessert even though was tempted by ice cream!). It certainly seems like fluid build up. I hope Mr Levick will offer to drain this out, as he did for Donut, as I think it was mentioned that draining the fluid helps prevent scar tissue later on.

Offline AchillesUK

• Silver Member
Yeah I had my first shower and chest is looking flat so far, I've put my vest garmet on and it's so noticeable through my shirt but I won't be going out anytime soon, but I've just sent my email etc, this flipping garmet is so uncomfortable I just feel itchy everywhere!-.-

In my honest opinion dude, you look like your chest have built up fluid in them, which is a pain in the arse, when did this occur? Did you wake up and realise your chest has just gotten bigger? Mr L was telling me a story and this isn't a problem because he can get the fluid out but it's just the faffing about, then again it might be tissue of some sort I'm not an expert but mr L will get back to you and re assure you I'm sure of it! A couple of days ago your chest was looking nice and flat so I don't know wether you've slept funny or anything.

Anyway your in safe hands with mr L so I'm certain you will be fine and it's nothing to serious, but it's not something you can ignore.

Awesome, great to hear you had your shower and your chest is looking flat. If the vest is itchy, it might be that you are allergic to it? I think I read another member posting on Donut's thread that he had an allergy to the vest material and so ended up wearing a layer underneath it.

Yeah hopefully Mr Levick will get back to me soon re my latest pictures. To be honest, I hadnt looked at my chest for a couple of days and only when I took the binder off before my shower yesterday I was like woaah lol.

I guess this is one of the most reassuring thing about Mr Levick's service - free aftercare. I'm honestly not too worried, because I feel whatever needs to be done (if anything) will be done free by Mr Levick. I'm also a bit lucky to live in the midlands so travelling to his clinic is just a 15min drive.

Offline gyne1987

• Posting Member

Hey man, nice to hear from you. Yeah I was first on the list on the 25th, so I guess you must have been Mr Levick's second one that day. How are you doing? How has your first week been?

Yeah, I know my swelling definitely isnt gland or fat (I've been on a completely clean diet since surgery, even at the Priory I had fruit for dessert even though was tempted by ice cream!). It certainly seems like fluid build up. I hope Mr Levick will offer to drain this out, as he did for Donut, as I think it was mentioned that draining the fluid helps prevent scar tissue later on.

My first week has been great. A small amount of cratering on my left but that does not distract from how happy I am. The surgery has been life changing. I'm going to put up some pics on a longer post in a day or two, for others to see and (hopefully) take the same steps.

I think you will be fine, and at least we both know you are in good hands with Dr. L. How does he do it? Fair boggles the mind!

Offline JackY16

• Posting Member
I think it's because it's tight but I've got it in S and that is the right size anyway! Probably just a matter of getting used to it! Yeah I think I've permanently lost feeling in both my nipples, we'll I don't know if it is permanent but yeah...

Also, great to hear Dr L is a genius with this treatment as he's been doing it for 30+years so he's seen everything! it's probably just a matter of draining the fluid out pal so no worries & your so lucky to be only 15mins away if it is a matter of going there!

Gyne1987 - glad to hear your post op is also going well, remember we're only a week post op and this is not going to bed our final result and there is more recovery! It's changed my life too, it's amazing! I'm only 17 so I know I've got my whole life ahead of me if everything goes just right!

Offline gyne1987

• Posting Member

Gyne1987 - glad to hear your post op is also going well, remember we're only a week post op and this is not going to bed our final result and there is more recovery! It's changed my life too, it's amazing! I'm only 17 so I know I've got my whole life ahead of me if everything goes just right!

JackY16 - you're a lucky guy! I wish I had got this done a long time ago, when I was much younger. However, we must look to the future. And, I feel like a new man, so it's all good.
How is your recovery coming along?

Offline JackY16

• Posting Member
I know right! :D it's something that effects every single aspect in your life, It's more having the courage to come to terms with what you've got because there actually is no other way of getting rid of it!

Yeah dude it's going fine at the moment, not really had a problem  bruising seems to be coming out of my chest when I went In the shower earlier, I just feel this vest I'm wearing atm isn't the most comfiest thing tbh, how about you?

Offline gyne1987

• Posting Member
The compression garments are uncomfortable, but you get used to it. I'm still using the binder at nights, over the compression vest. I really want to get as much benefit out of the recovery time as I can, so as long as I don't need to be out of the house, i'll continue to wear the garments.

One thing I *AM* enjoying, though, is being able to wear medium sized shirts for the first time in 27 years!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024