Author Topic: Just got back from surgery...  (Read 2700 times)

Offline chansam

• Bronze Member
Hi all,

I can finally say I am on the other side now!!  Woohoo!  Had my surgery last night between 5pm and 9pm.  Left the hospital at 10:30pm and stayed in a hotel nearby in case there were any complications.  I have a compression vest on now with two drains, but after surgery the PS came in and gave me a peek and it was amazing!  Couldn't believe my eyes.  I was laying down, but it looked so damn flat!! 

I was so nervous going into surgery but it ended up being a breeze.

Once I got there the anesthesiologist hooked me up to an IV and then said he would give me some "juice" to sedate me just before taking me into the operation room.  He said it would help me relax.  Apparently it knocked me out 2 minutes after giving it to me (which the nurse said she has never seen happen) and they had to wheel me to the operating room.

When I woke up in recovery I didn't even know surgery was done.  I looked up and saw the doctors and thought surgery was about to start...what a relief to know it was already done.  Its like when you have a long drive somewhere but you sleep through the whole thing and when you get your destination its like you never had to deal with the long drive.

The drains are uncomfortable and I have to keep emptying them out.  I have an appointment with PS next week to have them removed.  Until then I cannot remove the compression vest I have on now and cannot take a shower.  This part will be hard, but I'll deal. 

I don't feel any pain from the surgery as many have stated on this forum.  I took two vicodin this morning to sleep (never taken this before but I can see how people get addicted to it).

I will preop and postup pictures up once I get them from my PS.

I've been on this board for about 4 years and I finally made the move.  So happy to have found this board because without it I may have never known about this option.

Best of luck all!

Offline chansam

• Bronze Member
How painful is it when they remove the drains?  I'm a little worried about the pain I'll feel when the PS takes em out.

Did you guys who already had surgery have to wear the compression vest (one you got immediately after surgery) for 1 week straight without taking it off?  That is what my PS told me.  One week straight.  No shower, no taking it off, no changing it.  I'm on day 2 now.

Offline MRD

• Gold Member
Yeah thats what mine said, do nothing to it for a full week.

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
Congrats, chansam!   :)

It would definitely be hard to shower with the drains in, but after you have them removed you may want to bring it up to the PS.  I took my first shower the day after my drains were taken out.

As for drain pain, there was some discomfort only during the time of pulling out the tubes.  When the tubes were out the discomfort was immediately gone.  I say "discomfort" because it was kind of like pain, but more of an extremely odd sensation.  Don't worry about it because it's quick and the relief of having the drains gone definitely makes up for the short discomfort.   ;)

MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline chansam

• Bronze Member
Thanks for the info Mr. Nip.  I guess it will be a few moments of discomfort.  I'll live through it. :)

It still feels surreal about the whole surgery and not having man boobs anymore.  Until I see my chest (after drains come off on Wednesday) it won't really sink in.   

Offline chansam

• Bronze Member
I don't have the pics yet.  I will be seeing my PS on Wednesday to remove the drains and he will take some pics then.  I will get those and post.

Thanks.

Offline gynogone

• Bronze Member
Never heard of the no shower rule, thought you could take it off for a shower.

I didn't take mine off til day 3 or so...your hair is greasy without a shower, even if you wash it in teh sink.

Maybe you had an extreme case.

Getting drains out can hurt a bit.  Kind of stings.  The part that is under the skin doesn't hurt...it slides out...to get the whole thing moving you have to kind of "break" it's attachment where it goes into you.  That isn't pleasant.  But don't worry about it.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024