Author Topic: Last before pics before surgery, UPDATED NOW 2 WEEKS OUT, more pics!!!  (Read 8693 times)

anonymous1

I think so, b/c he always does lipo.  They are only in for two days, I am getting mine out tomorrow.  They're not too much of a hassle, just an annoyance, but if it is necessary for good results, 2 days with them is fine by me. 

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member
My own surgeon does not use drains. So, is the fluid etc just supposed to seep out onto the garment??
Surgery completed. Mission accomplished!
2/6/09. Dr. Karidis, UK.

Offline thetodd

karidis doesnt need to cellar, his surgery is very precise :)

i asked him why paul levick used drains, and why he required the overnight stay. And he had no idea and hes never had the need to use them. When i said there was small discharge on my bandages your talking the amount of blood you get from a papercut ... and its a one off

great results anon, its great that your family/friends have been so supportive :)

Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline kingboob

karidis doesnt need to cellar, his surgery is very precise :)

i asked him why paul levick used drains, and why he required the overnight stay. And he had no idea and hes never had the need to use them. When i said there was small discharge on my bandages your talking the amount of blood you get from a papercut ... and its a one off

great results anon, its great that your family/friends have been so supportive :)

Perhaps Karidis is too lazy to use drains?  I mean he does his follow up consultation by phone call doesn't he ???    Plus I would image no overnight say = more profit for karidis and less dosh swallowed up by the hospital for nursing fees etc.

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member
Perhaps Karidis is too lazy to use drains?  I mean he does his follow up consultation by phone call doesn't he ???    Plus I would image no overnight say = more profit for karidis and less dosh swallowed up by the hospital for nursing fees etc.
[/quote]

Eh, no. Judging by the superb results he has achieved, it's obvious he doesn't need drains. He's an extremely skilled surgeon with a great deal of experience in gynecomastia surgery.

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center

[/quote]
[/quote]

Kingboob,

You sound pretty cynical.  Many docs do not use drains, including me, and it has nothing to do with laziness.  And "no overnight stay" is because the surgeon doesn't think the patient needs it.  It has nothing to do with the surgeon making more profit. 

We do what we feel, based on our medical judgement, is best for the patient.

Dr. Pope, M.D.
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline kingboob

You sound pretty cynical.  Many docs do not use drains, including me, and it has nothing to do with laziness.  And "no overnight stay" is because the surgeon doesn't think the patient needs it.  It has nothing to do with the surgeon making more profit. 

Dr. Pope, M.D.

I am a bit cynical to be honest yeah........   I'm not saying not using drains is good or bad & I pretty much agree with your last statement; each doctor is going to do what they feel is best for their patient at the time of surgery.

It was just the implication from thetodd&cellar that having drains in is completely unnecessary, when obviously there are going to be times when it is warranted................ I doubt that experienced surgeons just put drains in for fun.

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member

Dr. Pope, M.D.

I am a bit cynical to be honest yeah........   I'm not saying not using drains is good or bad & I pretty much agree with your last statement; each doctor is going to do what they feel is best for their patient at the time of surgery.

It was just the implication from thetodd&cellar that having drains in is completely unnecessary, when obviously there are going to be times when it is warranted................ I doubt that experienced surgeons just put drains in for fun.

Maybe old habits die hard. Traditional ways of doing things remain.

Offline milesed1

• Silver Member
You look awesome already. Just give it a little time. Congrats

Offline Jake

• Silver Member
  • My body is my temple.
Wow, congratulations anonymous1!  You look great. 

I wish you all the best in moving forward and away from this!
Had gynecomastia since age 12.
Surgery performed on July 18, 2008 by
Dr. Jeffrey Wagner in Indianapolis, IN.
(Excision and Liposuction)

"The heart moves on while the mind remembers."

anonymous1

I've got some more pics, as of today I am 2 weeks out.  So far so good!  I feel great and think the results are great, just a little scabbing on my left nipple.  I am now wearing under armor during the day and the vests only at night pretty much, unless I wear a button down, but other than that I have been wearing all my tiny t shirts that I haven't worn in years b/c of gyne and dammit do I feel good walking around without breasts!

Offline Jake

• Silver Member
  • My body is my temple.
That's model material right there, buddy.   ;)

:D

Offline FreeinVegas

• Posting Member
Fantastic.  I'm about 4 weeks out myself and I still don't look that good yet! 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024