Author Topic: Getting surgery in 10 days with Dr Clark in Poland - any tips?  (Read 1435 times)

Offline Knightsbrah

Extremely long-time lurker here, and I'm finally going to get it done!
If i'm not mistaken there's some rules regarding posting the clinic name (I think?), but I'll be flying to Poland from the UK to get my gynecomastia removed with Dr Clark.
I've read pretty much every log going of people that have already been, guess I just wondered if anybody had any tips?
Do I need to buy my own compression garment?
How do I best avoid fluid build-up etc?
I'll be keeping this thread updated as surgery goes ahead also!

--
In case anybody is interested:
I've had gyno since puberty, just minor puffy nipples. 1.5 years ago I took a very low dose of Ostarine (a SARM) because I thought it might help with a nagging hamstring injury. 2 days in and my nipples hurt, I stopped. gyno continued to grow. It isn't major by any means now either, but its completely out of line with my physique and looks silly through any t-shirt whatsoever. It looks worse in clothes than it does without.
I'm also a legit 10-12% bodyfat too so it isn't a fat issue. Just tender worm-like lumps under & around my nipples.

Offline Knightsbrah

Had my surgery last night!
I'm lying here bandaged up and having my arms up in front of me to type is marginally discomforting so I'm not going to write much, however I know how much I appreciated reading other's logs prior to coming so I want to help spread the word.
So, on the 9th we (me and my girlfriend who came with for moral support) arrived at Berlin Schoenfeld (sp) airport, and then got picked up by the transfer which Jeremy arranges. Once you arrive, you have to catch a taxi to the hotel - this isn't actually mentioned in Jeremy's instructions so I feel it's important to know this. Arrived at the hotel, and it's a lovely hotel with a gorgeous little restaurant where we had a big meal, and great rooms. So far so good.
Next day, Tomek rang around 7.45am to inform me he would pick me up at 9am for blood tests.
9am arrives and we go for blood tests. They took 6 vials of blood and I hate blood tests, so I had to lie down for a couple of minutes after lol.
Went back to hotel and Tomek told me ultrasound would be at 2:40pm.
2:40pm arrives and we go for the ultrasound. Now I wasn't a big fan of this - my gynecomastia isn't a big lump under the nipple like most peoples, it's quite subtle small strip-like tissue that just causes a bit of a saggy chest. I'm genuinely aware it isn't anything awful, but it is out of line with my physique (I can pretty much see a full set of abs on me). I could tell the lady was turning round to Tomek whilst she was ultrasounding me and saying "there's no gyno here" (I couldn't actually understand what they were saying because I don't speak Polish, but it was obvious). Regardless, of we went back to the hotel, 2 hours until surgery now!
4:40pm arrives and we go to the clinic for surgery. I arrive and told I need to wait an hour or so in this nice little private waiting area with a setee, toilet and shower. I hadn't been allowed to drink any water since like 11am (nor eat) so I was getting a headache, but whatever. Eventually, it's my time to see Dr Clark: This is it.
I speak to Dr Clark, and I'll be honest, she seemed like a knowledgeable, great Doctor, but she didn't fill me with warmth at this point. I felt like it was a little bit rushed, but nonetheless, we covered everything about the actual surgery I was about to have. She took a look at my chest and she surprised me and said that there was a lot more fat there than I thought and less actual glandular tissue. Given my bodyfat level and the fact that it used to cause me pain, I struggled to see how this was the case, but regardless, it was time for surgery.
I met the anaesthetist and in to surgery I went. Next thing I know, I'm awake after surgery babbling away and laughing about god knows what, was fun though. Dr Clark came over at some point and spent about 20 seconds chatting to me, she said surgery went well and that was it. Had my famous ham and cheese sandwiches, and the long night of tossing and turning began.
P.s. I am missing out tons of tiny details here, there was a lot more to talk about but I just want to cover the crucial bits. Feel free to ask questions.
Anyway, the next morning comes around, and I just lie there staring at the ceiling for 5 hours for Dr Clark. I'll be honest, I really hated this bit.
The time came, she arrived and it was time to have the drains taken out!
Went in to the room, they took the bandages off (holy shit having all this masking tape peeled off my chest and armpits stung, I was nearly crying with laughter because it was just non stop hahaha). This somehow cheered me up though. Anyway in came Dr Clark. I got to see my chest!! Completely flat!! This was a great feeling. I noticed my left nipple looked slightly more bump than my right nipple but whatever. This moment made it all worth it. Dr Clark was also much chattier and her personality really came through here, so I felt good.
P.s. Taking the drains out doesn't feel so great.
They wrapped me up, discharged me, and here I am in the hotel at the end of day 1!
So far - so good. Let's see what happens from here.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024