Author Topic: Questions  (Read 1895 times)

Offline E-town08

I am three days post op and have a few questions.
My gyne was mostly in the nipples. Puffy nipples with a bit of gyne.
My doctor just gave me a tensor bandage and said I did not need a vest but I got one anyways and have been wearing it almost the entire time and just taking it off to ice the area once in a while.

How long should I wear the vest?
Will my nipples (areolas) shrink or will they be hanging there once I remove the bandages? (is that a stupid question?)
When should I resume weights and cardio? My doctor said I could after 2 weeks but the consensus around here seems to differ from that. I lost 30 lbs before the surgery and worry about putting it back on.
Normally my workouts consist of lifting weights and jumping rope. Is jumping rope going to be worse than say jogging or would it be better?

I apologize if these questions are tedious but im so happy to be rid of what has been a nightmare for 15 years that I dont want to wreck it.

Offline herbie verschmels

• Posting Member
I was told to not lift weights or run or do anything like jumping rope for 6 weeks. I am now in week 4 out of 6 :( since my surgery

also i started elliptical machine at the end of the 3rd week after surgery.

And i have to wear my compression shirt for 2 more weeks. Just wear it at least 4 weeks, and why not just play it safe and make it for 6 weeks. The skin will shrink and contract as your body absorbs the scar tissue and rids itself of the bruising.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024