Author Topic: Puffy Nipple on one side only - gets bigger and smaller and alcohol makes it bad  (Read 9206 times)

Offline euroman

Hi,

I have had a puffy nipple on my left side for around 7 years now, it developed most likely from my having some steroids back years ago, anyhow...

I only had a small lump, then it got bigger and then it kinda almost went away up until 2 years back, then I went to Thailand drank alcohol daily and it came back, 2 years later it had almost gone small again (prob tic tac size) and then I went travelling for a month, drank a few beers and what do you know I get back and its as big as a Marble now!

It really gets me down, I am 6'2" 14 Stone of muscle, very lean and just one nipple protrudes... I recently tried Letro and this didn't really do anything.

For me there is no doubt that alcohol contributes to it, I also drink a hell of a lot of water and again I feel this makes it worse as it is probably in UK that estogren can be in tap water.

When I mentioned here that I drink when travelling, basically I don't normally drink alcohol at all, so when abroad I go with the flow and have not a crazy amount, just like you do when on holiday.

I guess surgery is an option, although a couple of issues I am not sure of:

• Is surgery cheaper for one puffy nipple than dual gyno related ops?
  • Do they take the gland out and will it leave a pit?
  • Does this mean I may have some issue with estogren deriving from alcohol intake or have you guys heard of this before?
  • I have fairly small nipples, and am concerned how it could be taken out, I have a very good body and yes I am vain about it

I really appreciate your answers here.

Many Thanks

Mike

Offline Idlewild

• Posting Member
Hi Mike,

I too seem to be bigger in the nipple area after drinking alcohol. Surgery is really the best option, and at your age (I assume well past puberty) it is likely the only option. As for your questions,

1) Surgery on one side will likely be just as costly or only a little bit cheaper as it is a simple surgery and most of the cost comes from the cost of the operating room, anesthesia, etc.

2) Gland removal is up to the surgeon, some only do lipo but I think its best to find a surgeon which does gland excision for best long term results. A good plastic surgeon who has done many gynecomastia surgeries will not leave a pit as they will leave the tail end of the gland tissue for nipple support.

3)Some studies indicate that alcohol increases estrogen receptor signalling, and in my experience my gynecomastia does get bigger, if temporarily or not, after consuming alcohol.

4)A good plastic surgeon makes a half circle cut along the edge of your areola so scarring is quite hidden. Again this is up to the surgeon, so make sure you find a reputed gynecomastia surgeon. Some surgeons go from the armpit, use different procedures, etc. In my opinion, the cut along the nipple + gland excision is the best route. A heavier person may opt to add in lipo along with this.

Good luck!
Idlewild

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024