Author Topic: Snug bands  (Read 2834 times)

Offline curiousk

• Silver Member
I have to admit, I love my bras to have a very snug band.   I feel more comfortable and things are held in place much better.  Even if it means getting a band size smaller.  To me, it's comfortable and not painful.  Anyone else like their bands pretty snug?

Offline Dale Warnio

• Silver Member
I select my band size the way many women do.  I allow for the bra to stretch as it ages and then I can move to a tighter hook until the bra's life is over.  The feel I like is right out of Goldilocks, not too loose, not too tight, but this bra is just right 

Offline Johndoe1

I like to have my bands fairly tight. Not tight enough to hurt, but they will leave a mark for a time after I have removed it. With the band doing 80% to 90% of the work, it has to be pretty snug to keep things from moving around. If you have any fat around your ribs, that makes for great padding for comfort and will allow a tighter band than someone who doesn't have as much fat around the ribs.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline taxmapper

i recently got a bra with adjustable straps as well. 
The lifting aspect came in really well. 

The snugness of the bands are good also, given the feeling of actual support over the pain of the hanging tissue. 

Like a sock, I also like the slightly wider bands as well. Otherwise it feels like a rope around my ribs. 

Offline paulpark21

• Bronze Member
I also like a snug band.  It seems to keep the bra in place better

Offline 42CSurprise!

A snug band definitely does a better job keeping everything in its place.  I note as I lean over to make the bed and reach up to take something off a shelf how the brassiere stays in place.  I'll occasionally pause to stoop and scoop to keep things aligned but that is as much a matter of aesthetics than necessity.  My breasts love being held but a silky soft cup... held in place by straps and band that are a touch snug.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
Yep! A snug band is the way to go. I’m fairly active and do need to adjust from time to time as the side boob escapes. I find the snugness very comforting as they got bigger it really helped control the jiggle.

Offline curiousk

• Silver Member
It works with the layering tank top I wear under my scrubs for work or t shirts

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
It works with the layering tank top I wear under my scrubs for work or t shirts
Wow! Impressive bust there! Very nice.

aboywithgirls

Curiousk, looking good!

A Snug, but comfortable band is a must, especially for a larger bust. If you have  a loose band, it will ride up your back which  creates an unflattering look. Next, you will find that you keep reaching in your top to slide your bra straps back on your shoulder because the band is between your shoulders. Then you get home and can't wait to get out of your bra because it is so uncomfortable and driving you crazy!

Sound familiar??? This is why women don't like wearing a bra. I love my snug bands that give me a firm hug all day. I typically wear my regular underwire bra for 16 hours a day and in the evenings, I wear a leisure bra to bed unless I'm wearing something else with built-in support.

Offline SideSet

Curiousk,  You have a great figure.  Does that cami have a built-in shelf bra?

Offline curiousk

• Silver Member
No, it's a layering tank top.  What you see under the tank top is my bra.  It's padded demi cup underwire bra.  

Offline SideSet

You look great in those, curious. 

Your breasts are definitely too large to go around braless.  But you probably don’t wanna wear a bra all the time around the house and sleeping. Those camis I mentioned with a built in shelf bra would give you comfy soft support and modesty. 

That’s what I wear around the house and for sleeping. 

Offline curiousk

• Silver Member
Yeah, I know that I'm too big to go around braless.  I did so until just over a year ago.  Things are definitely better wearing a bra.  Around the house, I wear a leisure bra that provides some support.  Bedtime I wear a t shirt or nothing.  A sleep cami is a good idea.

Offline meiningen15

• Posting Member
I follow the wisdom of others ie one finger under the gore and two fingers at the side under the arm and not so tight that I cannot take a deep breath

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024