Author Topic: Lista or Fielding  (Read 7751 times)

Offline Keyboard

• Posting Member
I know this topic has been done before, but I am brining it up again.  I am looking to have this surgery performed in the coming months.  My gyne is not bad at all compared to some pictures I  have seen of other's, however, it bugs me, which is why I'm going to do this.  Recently I've read numerous threads and posts saying how they wouldn't recommend Fielding, the gyno has come back after the surgery with Fielding, etc.  What are the pro's and con's of each, this is the list I made:

Fielding:
Pros:
Cheaper than Lista
Location (for me, I  live 5 minutes from his office)
OHIP covers some of the cost

Cons:
It APPEARS that there are many people unhappy with their surgery with him
The wait time (I've heard wait times of up to 4 months)
Technique used means longer recovery time

Lista:
Pros:
Uses PAL which reduces recovery time and scarring
A lot shorter wait time than with Fielding

Cons:
Expensive, around $5000, because it is done at his private clinic

Which one is the most recommended, right now I'm leaning towards Lista, because I haven't heard very man unsuccesful stories about his surgery, and I'm going to apply for the financial aid so I can pay in monthly payments (at least pay back the company giving me the money, not Lista).  The short recovery time is also a very important issue. 

Let me know what everyone thinks.

Thanks!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Right now I'm leaning towards Lista, because I haven't heard very man unsuccesful stories about his surgery.

How many 'successful' Op's (in the eyes of the patient) have your read about?

Don't get me wrong here... Dr. Lista has good credentials and is prolly a great doc but not many guys here have gone with him so you wont find many 'successful' results stories...

GB
« Last Edit: September 30, 2007, 07:46:39 AM by Grandpa Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
I am Fielding patient and I can say I have not got 100% result but I must say he is the best person then the doctor. Well, start with I had really big size then normal. So I wouldn't get flat out cheast that's acceptable. But I am in the condition that I can wear any cloths like T-Shirts, Tight shirts which I never worn in my 36 yr of life due to... So I would say I am happy but only regrate is, still I cann't go out there on beach without shirt. I have an another meeting with him soon. And may be I have to go to surgery again to suck up those fat ... go make it flat.

But as you say, you have not bad case of gyne, I would strongly recommend Fielding. His recovery time is not bad as you expect. May be week or two. And you will find no spot of any scar in your chest in no time. Mine were all gone in near 4-6 months. No one can tell that I had a surgery.

He is the best .... cheap compare to others and very good nature wise as well .... Listen and expalin to all your questions and concern which other may not be ....
Surgery done on Sept 6th, 2006 with Dr. Fielding - Toronto. Not 100% cured but will get there for sure !!!
----------------------------------------------------

Revision done on December 7th, 2007. Let's hope for best !!!
-------------------------------------------

Dr. Fielding
Suite #401, 2425 Bloor Street West, Toronto

Tel: 416.766.88

Offline znilracd

• Posting Member
As a fielding patient myself I must stand up and say I am happy with my results. He is a great man, it was not an uncomfortable experience and like I said I cant imagine much better results. Sure its not 100% but I can promise you NO doctor will guarantee 100% I didn't have a serious condition myself either, and in turn did not have much swelling or bruising (ie. quick recovery time). But you must realize everyone heals differently and thats why you'll find some people not pleased with their results and too many times the doctors are blamed for these uncontrollable circumstances. Either Lista or Fielding, I don't believe you can make a bad choice. You are talking about 2 of the most skilled doctors in their field in all of Canada.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Another JCF success story here. ;)

I'm approaching 3 years post-op and am very happy with the results.

Dr. Fielding....  He's  DA MAN!

GB

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
Keyboard, i'm one of the few who's surgery did not work (still waiting for the resultsof the revision) but i never EVER said i would not recommand Fieldint. because my surgery did not work doesnt mean he is not a good surgeon.

you will most probably find more Fielding "fans" than for Lista and i have heard as many unhappy patients from the Lista side including some who went to revision like me so i'm not sure you can compare just like that.

one thing i can tell you is that i think Lista probably takes care of his client in a different way given that he has his clinic and personnal staff wich Fielding doesnt have because he makes his surgeries at the hospital. so i'm guessing (only a guess) that if you want a star treatment you shoud probably go to Lista.

other than that, Fielding is a great guy who really knows how to make his patients feel good.

you should just book an apointment with both, it will only cost you an extra 80$ and compared to the surgery cost its noting so that you can make a choice based on your personnal feeling and how well you were welcomed...

good luck
surgery did not work...:-(
Dr. Fielding (TO - Ontario : 416.766.8890) on august 9th, 2006 and revision on september 21st, 2007

Offline Keyboard

• Posting Member
I think I'll go with Fielding after putting some thought into this.  I'll book the consultation ASAP so I can get the surgery as soon as possible.  My case of gyno is not bad at all, nobody notices it except me, but it still bugs me so I'm going to get it done.

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
My friend:

Dr. JCF has laways long wait. I have an apoointment with him tommorow which I booked back in August. But sooner the better to first make a call.

Good Luck.

Offline Keyboard

• Posting Member
I'm not sure who I'm going to go with, depends how long the wait with Fielding is.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

It may be a bit of a wait with Dr. Fielding... From the time you make 'The Call', to the day of surgery, it may be 3 months or more.

However, you could call JCF's office for cancellations...  ;)

GB

Offline Keyboard

• Posting Member
I'm going to call him soon to book an appointment to see him, I just have to talk to my parents about it.  Any things you guys did to make it easier to tell them the news?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Show them the Site and let them read a bit. I'm sure they'll have tons of questions for you...

A good ice breaker, no?

GB

Offline dcvet

• Silver Member
When you're booking the surgery let them know you'd like it done as soon as possible and ask if there's been any cancellations, or to keep you informed of cancellations.  My consultation was today, and the surgery is set for the 24th of this month because I asked to get in asap... That's only 23 days....

Offline anonguy

• Bronze Member

I had the same dilemma but it wasn't a hard choice.  I chose Fielding.  I asked Lista straight out if he could fix my puppy nipples, his response was no, but my chest would be better.  Fielding on the other hand, I didn't even have to ask, he said right out my nipples would shrink.

I think the decision depends on how large/puffy your nipples are.  If large and puffy, you need excision, lipo only will not fix it.  If you have small nipples then lipo can get rid of the fat and with Lista you won't have scarring around your nipples. 

The other factor, of course is cost, but given that this is so important to your self esteem, I would not use that as my deciding factor.

Offline Keyboard

• Posting Member
So I e-mailed my mom at work today, and she was just curious about it, very supportive, thought it might have been caused because of all the exercise I do.  I told her it wasn't fat, but hard glandular tissue behind the nipple.  She wants me to see my family doctor before I proceed with anything else.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024