Author Topic: Recovery period  (Read 3052 times)

Offline tony_ss

• Silver Member
I guess there will be totally four incisions on both sides of your chest for removing glandular tissue and fat. Would there be pain only for the first 3 to 4 days? even for a small wound, as per my observation, it takes about 1 week to heal.
What would be the recovery period after surgery?  Would it be 4 weeks or 5 weeks or...?

Offline tony_ss

• Silver Member
About the severity of my coniditon, it is moderate ..

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member
The number of incisions depends on the method your PS uses.  Mine used 2, one under each armpit.  Others use 1 incision underneath each areola.

Pain is subjective, besides you will be given painkillers.  I doubt you will need them for more than a couple of days.

Healing of the incisions will vary from person to person.  Mine were nicely healed up after 10 days.  Internal healing and settling of the whole surgical site will take anything up to 12 months.

I was a little wobbly for a couple of days after the general anaesthetic.  I tired easily for a further 4 days, but by the end of a week I felt back to normal.
Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

Offline karnik_y

• Posting Member
you mentioned that internal healing will take up to 12 months. I hope if I take off my shirt say 3 to 4 months after surgery, hope nobody can notice that I have undergone surgery and also scars won't be visible.

Offline tony_ss

• Silver Member
Hi Clearsky, when did u get it operated, could u pls post your post-op pics..
also i think u missed my question:

if I take off my shirt say 3 to 4 months after surgery, could nobody make out that I have undergone surgery? i am asking this question, bcoz as per the surgery exp from other ppl in this forum, it seems scars won't go away easily..

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024