Author Topic: Yhe weight of breasts. How do you work with it?  (Read 3212 times)

Offline taxmapper

So in the pic below, you will see that I am not very large ata ll. (It been going on for a bit over 2 years now). 

But I feel weight of breasts that sometimes drags downward and pulls the underboob.   It can be a bit uncomfortable at times. 

Outside of a bra, what do you do to cope with it? 

I have in fact started to loose weight, but they are growing out.  It makes me wonder what I am in store for? 

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
I spent years ignoring my breasts at an even larger size. It was a constant irritation but I was locked into the “guys don’t wear bras“ mindset because it was too “girly”.
A couple of years ago, after starting meds, they started filling out again and I HAD to do something. I’m not totally blaming the meds as age and an interesting hormone profile had to be a contributor. There’s only two answers, surgery or acceptance by wearing support. My wife is much like yours as she can see I need it but not happy her “manly” man is in a bra and mine are much larger.
On the plus side, wearing a bra now will help save you from the pitosis age brings. We didn’t ask for this but at least I’m trying to make the best of the situation.

p.r.1974

Wrapping ones head around the need for a bra has been complicated a lot by societies insistence on gender roles, and what they perceive as acceptable. Compounded by the health and fitness, beauty, and health care (big pharma) industries bottom lines. 

Acceptance and surgery are both options depending on what you are comfortable with. Having chosen acceptance myself at a 46C, there is a need for support, controlling boob sweat, movement, and protecting the nips. 

Beyond a bra, some use compression shirts / vests, camisoles, tankini or bikini tops, or nothing. It all depends on ones comfort level. I tried the compression method, and a lot of pullover sports bras that are essentially just binders, and found them lacking.

I chose to use bras for support. There are many differing bra types that will help with concealment to a certain degree. So, I would suggest looking into these, if you are not wanting to go the surgical route.

justwayne

You might lose a little fat around the edges while losing weight, but I hate to tell you, unless you plan on having them removed, they're only going to get heavier.  Like others, I would only wear compression shirts, at first.  Then they didn't help because they didn't hold the weight of my breasts which had gotten a lot bigger.  Because of more/bigger breast tissue, the compression shirts wouldn't even hide them.  The compression, if all day, only makes them sore.  Beyond some type of bra, your possibilities will be more limited, the larger your breasts get. It may be hard to wrap your mind around, but if they keep growing, go for the support that a bra gives.  You'll be much more comfortable.

Offline Dale Warnio

• Silver Member
Even if you lose weight overall, you most likely will not lose as much And your breasts, so they will be relatively even more prominent than now. For comfort and appearance, I would suggest regularly wearing a bra like women do

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
I have to second what Dale said. I’ve lost over 30 pounds now and if anything, my breasts are even larger! It has been postulated that the stored excess estrogen in our fat cells gets released with weight loss and maintains breast volumes.

Offline curiousk

• Silver Member
The weight of unsupported breasts can be very uncomfortable.  If find that if I wear a properly fitted bra, my shoulders don't pull forward and my posture is better.  I'm beginning a weight loss program and I'll be interesting to see if I lose any volume.  I have a lot of glandular tissue in my breasts so I'm guessing that they will get bigger with weight loss.  We'll see:)

Offline taxmapper

That's what I have discovered. 
The tissue (firm) directly behind my nipples grew substantially and the bouncing is not so much underneath but the pull is what is behind the nipples themselves. 
creating a situation for me that if I dont support, after a while they feel like someone is pulling them down. 

Because of the shape of my trapezoids straight over the shoulder bras just slip off. So I use y-back and t back styles. 

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
I’ve read about it and can’t find anything male specific. I wonder if men don’t develop Coopers Ligaments, ligaments that form to help breast support, as well as women do. Our gynecomastia shape differences might be one of the explanations?

Offline taxmapper

Older thread yes. 

but wondering.. 

I have been keeping track of the size of my breasts and they are now closing in on 49 inches at the bust. 
they are not so much protruding outward but defiantly larger overall. 

Knowing that our chests are wider, I have realized that the weight of the breast will be the same just more spread out to our female counterparts. 
So the weight is becoming even more noticeable. 

Has anyone else had this experience where the bra is now becoming an near absolute necessity rather than a convenience? 

ergo: having to GROW into the need? 

gmast

I wonder if men don’t develop Coopers Ligaments, ligaments that form to help breast support, as well as women 
The literature says mens breast do not have them. 

p.r.1974

I wonder if men don’t develop Coopers Ligaments, ligaments that form to help breast support, as well as women
Is this always the case though? I would imaging those that have developed due to a hormonal imbalance, natural of enhanced, would develop Coopers Ligaments. And if it were just extra tissue from weight gain, and not enough estrogenic effect from whatever source, to develop these.

gmast

Is this always the case though? I would imaging those that have developed due to a hormonal imbalance, natural of enhanced, would develop Coopers Ligaments. And if it were just extra tissue from weight gain, and not enough estrogenic effect from whatever source, to develop these.
Always, meaning normally, like men always have an X and a Y chromosome while women have to X chromosomes?  Or not always, like their are some exceptions to the norm such as when someone has two X's and one Y chromosome? From what I've read, it would be the latter case.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7028902/
http://seattlegynecomastia.com/gynecomastia/

I consider gynecomastia to be a poor name as it is misleading.  Most of what I've read about the condition indicates that it is breast tissue, but a males breast tissue different  structure, typically dendritic rather than diffuse, and lacking coopers ligaments.  Calling them Man-boobs seems a a better name, as it does not suggest that they are female in nature.

Offline brock123

• Silver Member
I personally note the lack of the word "doctor" anywhere in this thread?  If you are good with this, more power to you and #rockit dude, but if you are concerned about it I am left wondering why a doctor has seemingly not been consulted all this time?

Offline Busty

I consider myself as having breasts. And I wear a bra like a woman 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024