Author Topic: Financial/Credit assistance for Gynecomastic Reduction Surgery....  (Read 27159 times)

Offline jazzer

• Posting Member
A little late to the party, but my surgery was totally covered by Alberta Health. I had a bilateral mastectomy and free nipple graft. 

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
A little late to the party, but my surgery was totally covered by Alberta Health. I had a bilateral mastectomy and free nipple graft. 

jazzer...

That's awesome that your surgery was totally covered...

When did you have surgery and are you happy with the results?

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline jazzer

• Posting Member
Hi GB. I had my surgery 3 weeks ago and I am elated. Results are better than expected. Other than a little scarring my chest looks great. And it's SO FLAT. I should have had this done years ago. I'm one happy camper.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Hi GB. I had my surgery 3 weeks ago and I am elated. Results are better than expected.

FANTASTIC!!!  Glad to hear you are "Elated" with the results...

Welcome to 'The Other Side'!!!!

GB...

Monkey83

Spoke to a plastic surgeon who said there are exceptions under which provincial health care will cover the surgery, although they did not tell me what the exceptions are. Does any person here know what medical reasons I can claim to get the surgery covered?

Offline jazzer

• Posting Member
Spoke to a plastic surgeon who said there are exceptions under which provincial health care will cover the surgery, although they did not tell me what the exceptions are. Does any person here know what medical reasons I can claim to get the surgery covered?

Psychological

Offline lifeplay55

• Posting Member
Doesn't our provincial health card cover the costs of these surgeries?
I live in Fredericton NB

Provincial Health Care will pay for all except lipo. Lipo is a 'cosmetic' procedure and is not covered under any Health Care/Insurance plan. The patient pays for the lipo procedure.

GB

is this still the policy? i am trying to get an appointment set for a procedure to remove my own gyno hopefully in hospital and i have heard many people say that OHIP covers the gland removal but not lypo. Im fine with the free coverage only as i am a little chubby still, around 180-190 lbs. at age 20 and mind less a little fat on the breast to work off

Offline alenelynch

Dr. Graham welcomes you to his plastic and reconstructive surgery practice in Calgary, Alberta. Dr. Graham provides high quality surgical care using his skills from training and practicing in both Canada and the United States. He provides you with a relaxing and comfortable experience, with compassionate, patient centered care.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024