Author Topic: My introduction  (Read 815 times)

Offline Sunrae

• Posting Member
     Hello fellow members, and now the story of how I came to join this site.  I'm closing in on fifty and over the past couple years I noticed first my nipples 'awakening', and then subtle subsequent breast growth.  After the initial months of this went by, my wife said to me, "you're growing boobies" (or nearly those words).  As I realized I had no experience dealing with personally having breasts, wearing a bra/support garment, and all involved therein, I sought out the assistance of a personal fitting appointment.  After a couple of experiences with retailers who were uninterested in helping, I contacted a mastectomy clinic in the local area to inquire if they could serve me.  They replied yes, and my first fitting appointment (one year ago) was a wonderful experience.  The woman was so kind, reassuring, and professional throughout the session and fit me into a 40A.  As the months passed following that appointment, my breast growth slowly continued and I very recently had a return fitting, where she measured me a 40B or 42B (depending on the particular bra).  At this point, I have no desire to undergo reduction surgery.  There's more to share in my experience, but that's probably better suited for other discussion threads in this forum.  I'm happy to have found this site with understanding and open sharing of others personal journeys.  

Offline Amiga

• Posting Member
Welcome, Sunrae!

Offline taxmapper

This is going to be an interesting journey for you. 

Be ready for some unusual surprises. 

Offline SideSet

Welcome. You clearly belong here. 

Offline Amiga

• Posting Member
If you don't mind me asking, Sunrae, do you know what may have triggered your growth? I'm at a similar point in life (turn 51 later this year) and I may be starting my journey as well. Though I am not on any medication nor had traumatic injury that may have caused it, I did have a bout of impotence when I was 49 or so (not as bad now, but some of that may just be adjusting to a new normal) and my nipples are almost always sensitive / hurting and I have occasional itching. I'm also overweight which I'm sure isn't helping, and makes it hard to determine what is going on. So for me it is currently very much a wait and see.

Offline Sunrae

• Posting Member
Hello Amiga.  I don't have a medical diagnosis to offer on my ongoing condition.  As this has transpired over the past two years, while much of the medical/public facilities have been restricted, locked down, and inaccessible, I have not been able to have a proper examination.  I am currently searching for a family physician PCP who has some familiarity in this matter to schedule an appointment.  I am not more than 20# overweight and haven't experienced the other problem you mentioned, but I have felt tenderness/soreness behind my nipples.

Offline Amiga

• Posting Member
For some gynecomastia appears around our age as a side-effect of andropause, the point in our lives where testosterone levels are decreasing naturally. It is good that you are checking with a health care provider as it can also be a result of serious health issues (prostate issues, tumors, etc.).

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024