Author Topic: PLEASE READ-Fielding--how can I make payment? :(  (Read 3156 times)

Offline radio

• Bronze Member
Okay. We're talking worst case scenario here.

I have a surgery booked on the 23rd of September. Payment is due no less than 5 business days before the surgery. I finally got paid, and would like to make that payment now. HOWEVER, their fucking office is closed all week. I mean, I can't anticipate that. What do I do? They aren't opening until 9:00a.m. on the 21st.

They say they'll cancel surgery if payment isn't made to them on time. BUT THEY AREN'T EVEN OPEN. THIS IS NOT FAIR!

What do I do?

:(

Offline radio

• Bronze Member
I have everything planned out. I'm going to be in Toronto from the 18-25th. Surgery on the 23rd. But, I will have no confirmation whether it's cancelled or if I'm allowed to pay on Monday until the 21st (at which time I'll already be there).

Fuuuuuuuuuuck.

Offline Fingyno

• Posting Member
I'm pretty sure they dont cancel your operation when their office is closed... So dont worry :) Just remember to call them first thing in the morning on the 21st and explain your situation.

Offline canadian1987

• Posting Member
I am sure there is nothing to worry about. Just call the office the morning they open and try to have it to them that day. If not, send your cheque through priority mail and at least it will be dated as sent before. You should have no problem.

Offline radio

• Bronze Member
I hope so. I sincerely hope so. I have everything planned: my flights, my stay, everything. If I show up at 9:00am, and they don't accept my payment, I'll jump out their 4rth story window. Admittedly, that's not very high.

I'm a student. Acquiring the money for surgery, and for rooms, and flights has been difficult. I hope they are reasonable about this.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck!

Offline Actorboob

• Posting Member
It should be fine. I paid 3 business days ahead of time. I didn't realize the weekends weren't included
in the 5 business days.. Hahaha.

Leslie didn't even mention it when I went and paid. I think the 5 day payment is just a scare tactic to make sure ppl pay before surgery...

Happy surgery!!!

Offline Travelbum

• Posting Member
I agree with Actorboob.  Did you get your blood work in?  I am having surgery the same day (as you already know) and I just got my blood work done Thursday.  Leslie called me on my cell phone as I was pulling into the Medical Lab and ask when I was going to get it done.  I doubt very much that they received the results before they closed the office on Friday.  If they thought for any reason that you were not going to pay or show up, I have no doubt she would have contacted you for verification.  The blood work seems to be the confirming point.  The deadline for the money is probably so that they don't have to end up financing the surgery in the end.  Relax,  I will refuse my surgery if they don't take you too.  LOL   

Offline Actorboob

• Posting Member
Bloodwork??

I never had any bloodwork done.. Hmm..

Offline canadian1987

• Posting Member

Offline radio

• Bronze Member
Thanks for the words, gents! You've calmed me down a lot.

And blood work? What blood work? I don't believe I have to do that.

Offline Travelbum

• Posting Member
Hmmmmm  Well, I just thought everyone who had the surgery had to do the bloodwork.  It was no surprise to me since all the other consultations I had mentioned that they would do blood work before the surgery.  Leslie told me to have it done two weeks before the surgery.  Maybe that is because of my age (I'm old LOL).  In the packet that Leslie sent me with the pre op instructions was a lab perscription for blood work including an EKG, WBC, etc etc.  Oh well, if none of you had to do the blood work then perhaps it was just something they thought I should have done.  Anyway, I DONT think you have anything to worry about. 

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm now you have me wondering why I had to do the bloodwork.  Now there is something new for me to worry about.  LOL

Offline billygoat21

• Posting Member
no bloodwork for me neither which i think is weird. good for you to get it done how can it hurt? as for the payment I'm 100% sure its no big deal he doesn't want to cancel the appointment unless he absolutely has to. the fact that the office is closed means they can sympathize even more. Good luck with the surgery, great choice going ahead with it.

Offline radio

• Bronze Member
I just phoned, they'll still accept payment. Thanks for helping me keep my chin up!  :)

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
There was a guy a few years ago who paid on the 'day' of surgery...  ;)

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024