Author Topic: Getting rid of the teets  (Read 5008 times)

Offline pharmerjoe

• Silver Member
Good to hear that, you're roughly the same stage as me. Good when you look in the mirror and realise your normal  ;) . However, even when you're normal, people realise something is different, I kept my op a secret, so everyone is looking and wondering why I look so different.

Offline teetit

• Posting Member
I was really worried about people noticing the change but I guess I hid my gyne well because I've haven't really had anyone question me.  People have mentioned that it looks like I got in better shape since they've seen me last.  I also wear t-shirts a lot more which I guess is strange to people I know because I never wore them before surgery.  Maybe I'm just delusional but I've been noticing a lot more looks from girls.  So yeah, mostly positive changes!

If I were you and were real concerned about it I would just wear stuff that makes the change less apparent. Maybe stuff that you wore pre-op.  Or I'd say I just got a stomach bug and have been feeling sick for awhile (lost weight)...  Otherwise, look at it this way - you've had the surgery and its over.  People will get used to it eventually.

Offline pharmerjoe

• Silver Member
Maybe I'm just delusional but I've been noticing a lot more looks from girls.  So yeah, mostly positive changes!

Lol, funnily enough, I was noticing this as well. But perhaps its just from us having more confidence or something!

Offline teetit

• Posting Member
2 Week Post-OP

My mornings have become routine and I'm so used to them.  I wake up, shower, redress my bandages (and more recently have been applying Vitamin E oil to the scars), put a shirt on with the binder, and then dress up normally. 

I feel completely normal.  No discomfort / pain.  The only thing to complain about now is my inactivity.  I wish I could exercise.

I'd say I have about 60% sensitivity back in my chest.  Areas of my chest have hardened - especially on my left side (the side which had more removed I think). 

I can't wait to take the vest off. 

Offline Wod

• Posting Member
Iv gotta quit smoking too! is it easier to quit knowing you have to!?

Offline teetit

• Posting Member
Yes it really is - I don't even think about smoking anymore...

~3 Week Post-Op

Can't wait to take this binder off.  It's not uncomfortable or anything, it's just annoying because it's kind of noticeable when I wear shirts with it on.  Even with button down shirts there is a big bump where the velcro meets the edge of it.

In terms of discomfort I have pretty much none.  I feel pain when I press down on my chest, and soreness when I move my arms in certain positions.  I got a random sharp pain in my right chest which sort of came and went.  I also felt a brief pang of itchiness which has also gone away. 

The other day I spent walking around and I made sure to keep my posture good - I kept my shoulders back and my chest out.  Words can't describe how good it felt.  Totally perfect shape.  It's amazing how much my posture has been affected by having gynecomastia, I really have to actively think about changing my posture in order to change.  It's such a subtle change though.  It's basically like a slouch. 

Other than that - it's HOT and I can't wait till next week. 

Offline teetit

• Posting Member
Interesting thing I noticed this morning...

Basically, I had always noticed this black-line on the edge of my nipples post-surgery which I had presumed to be stitches or a scab / scar.  But, now that's it's over 3 week post-op, I knew it couldn't be stitches, which are supposed to dissolve in a week or so.  Also, I could see a faint red-scar underneath the black-line so I knew it couldn't be a scar.

So, I did what anyone would do and picked at it with my finger nails - ever so gently.  It was the first time I really even bothered to pick that area since the surgery because I've always been so afraid to touch it.  So, I started with the left nipple.  The black shit came off to reveal the very small excision scar.  The black shit looks like bandage residue that just never got washed away and kind of got embedded in the skin because of the compression binder.  When I scrapped of the scum in the right nipple, the amount had been more substantial and seemed to have been further embedded in the excision scar.  I think the scar is actually more substantial than what it would have been if I had picked out this scum earlier - it's pretty deep/noticable on the right side.  I immediately put some vitamin E over the now-revealed scars and am hoping for the best.     

I hope that this didn't screw anything up  :'(

Otherwise everything's good - this binder will be off me in a few days. 

Offline teetit

• Posting Member
I'm being a bad patient today and am taking off the compression binder early (about two days and I hit the 4 week mark).  I just can't stand wearing another button-down shirt outside.  It feels VERY strange - great, but strange.  It feels like there's an invisible force pushing down on my chest.  The nipple area is also sensitive as my shirt brushes alongside it.

Hopefully today goes well and I don't swell up like a balloon.  I'll report back at the end of the day.

Oh yeah, and the scar issue I mentioned earlier is not nearly as bad as it was.  It's starting to close up and every time I apply the vitamin E oil to my chest I can literally see new skin forming so I think it's really helping.  

EDIT: The day with no vest went great - I didn't swell up at all.  I just gotta get used to making sure my posture's better, I never realized how serious my slouch is :/.  I'm amazed at the results.  It's unreal. 
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 12:06:12 AM by teetit »

Offline jvega

I'm new to speaking about my condition.I remember going through puberty and my problem developing,I am forty now and I think I'm giving in to no solution.Every post I read seems like surgery is the only way to go.How much is surgery anyways?I have tried gyno pills,working out and now I wear an Instaslim under shirt,which,compressed all day is tiring.Over the years Ive developed a slouch to my posture that I have to constantly stretch and try to hold,but before I know it I'm doing it stretching it again.My back is tired and heavy.And whats bad about it is that slouching makes my chest look worse but if I don't they look perky.Anyways that's my story.

Offline teetit

• Posting Member
Get it over with - I admit, it's VERY expensive.  For my case, which was actually pretty mild, it was around 8 grand.  I totally sympathize with you about the slouching - In fact, I think that the slouch should be grounds for insurance to cover at least part of it... There is no way that is healthy.  The slouch is VERY substantial for me, and it's been ingrained in my muscle memory so it's not easy to fix. 

(your reply is in good timing with my latest update... read on)

4 Weeks Post-OP

As I said in the previous post I've been cheated taking off the binder a few days.  I've had no problems.  Today I wore one of my loosest t-shirts in the heat and it felt so great.  You really feel like a million bucks.  There are a few moments in the day where I sort of forget about it and then I remember - oh yeah I'm wearing a t-shirt right now.  I'm so happy with the results. 

A minor concern is a scar/crease under my right nipple.  It's still enough to make me not want to take my shirt off - It kind of looks like something was done there.  I'm confident that at some point in the near future it will get better.  I'm continuing to wear my binder at night and putting the vitamin e oil.  I've also read up on the crease on this forum and it seems to be a common thing... And even if it didn't go away...or it got worse, I would rather have it then go back to teets.

Offline cyanide

• Posting Member
Great story and results dude, I bet your one happy guy! thanks for sharing your story

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024